Kadri: Should the Leafs trade him?

hf101

10 members have voted

1. 1. Do the Leafs need to trade Kadri this summer?

@J0e Th0rnton  Totally agree with all of that.....very realistic for the Preds to ask for the moon and stars. They can make a GREAT argument that Weber is the best all round at his position....sooooo...how much you wanna pay??  Whatever team landed him, they would have to RIP apart their core to accomplish the feat....every player you think is a must keep would be asked for AND more.

• 1 month later...

@Holymakinaw  I'll admit that JVR comes with a respectable cap hit....that's literally the only thing that is good about him...lol. Some still think of JVR as a kid...but he's about to enter his 7th full NHL season. His goal totals from the start...

1)15

2)21

3)11 (strike shortened)

4)18

5)30

6)27

He has actually regressed twice....back into the teens after posting 20 and back into the 20's last year after breaking 30 2 years ago.... the one and only time he has reached that plateau. He turns 27 this upcoming season and there is a 50/50 chance he never cracks 30 again. The brutal stretch of Mid December and all of January with only one goal.....while his team was spiraling out of control...he's one of the vets, he's supposed to be one of the guys to take the bull by the horn and make something happen....instead he went into the worst shell of his career....shocking...really.

His 18 goals in Y4 were the strike shortened year. 48 games. "Projects" to 30 FWIW.

And he "regressed" from 30 to 27? Seriously?

Did Wayne Simmonds "regress" from 29 to 28? From 60 to 50 points?

Has Giroux "regressed" from his 93 point high? Did he "regress" from 86 to 73 points this season? This is the second time his point total has gone down from the previous year. Will he ever crack 90 again? Remember that stretch when he couldn't score even strength at home (2 ES goals in 41 games) - for, like, all of last year? Remember the two goals (13 points) in 24 games from January 27 to March 17? FWIW, JVR's "brutal stretch" was from Jan 29 to Mar 14 in which he had two goals and six points in 21 games (he had four goals in January and 4 in 8 in the last half of December)..

Giroux is the captain and supposed to be one of the guys who take the bull by the horn and make something happen, after all...

Instead, as "one of the vets" he went into one of the worst shells of his career.

Shocking.

I get the JVR hate. It was "our turn" to draft #1 and we get "screwed" out of Kane. I get that the Blackhawks have won three Cups since meeting us in the Final and the "definitely a playoff team" Flyers have missed the playoffs twice, winning one second round game in five years. I get that they completely overreacted to his injury in 11-12 (that was the 11-goal season) and traded him for a traffic cone.

But let's not mistake hate for what it is - hate. Unless we're willing to see what the same lens trained on the Flyers does.

A 30-goal scorer - hell, a 25-goal scorer - would look pretty damn good on the top line with Giroux and Voracek. If they can get Michael freaking Raffl to 20 goals, imagine what they could do with a legitimate scoring threat.

I don't particularly care that he's gone - the return on the investment is more than irksome - but the sour grapes get to be a bit much.

If the Leafs move Kessel and Phaneuf, it'll be for salary dumps, prospects and picks..........not superstars.

Good luck with that.  Prospects and picks are far more valuable and EVERY GM in this league has finally recognized that.  If either are traded which I have strong doubts, the leafs will be the ones giving up some future to rid themselves of the outrageous contracts.  But I also agree they won't be receiving superstars nor future superstars either.

True enough, HF but there are always teams who are so near to the cup that they can smell the polish but can't quite get their hands on it. Those are the teams who will want to add a Kessel or a Bozak or a JVR. And they will give up the future to get them and win today. We just need to be patient.  :cool[1]:

Archived