Letang likely out for year

nossagog

6decdaf81ba2a505385dabf7e95d5fa2.jpg?ito

Hi, my name is Jim, and I don't have a clue.

Well Rutherford has finally admitted it.  Letang is likely out for the remainder of the season.  So here we are playing games with 5 defensemen, sometimes 17 skaters, and we could have put Letang on LTIR and gotten cap relief.  Anyone seeing that hit, and knowing his history, had to know the likelyhood of him coming back this season, no matter how far the Pens go, was unlikely.  Instead, SFB has gassed out the Pens, specifically the defense, and put them in a position where they may not make the playoffs.  As Forrest Gump would say, stupid is as stupid does.

@nossagog  My guess is Jimmy's current employment is directly tied into his teams play. If the miss the playoffs, he is fired. If they lose in the first round he is fired...in fact, he's been such a dreary addition, anything short of the Conference Finals and he is toast. Totally agree with you, he really misread the Letang situation....does he not know about the players history?  Very odd moves indeed.

@nossagog  My guess is Jimmy's current employment is directly tied into his teams play. If the miss the playoffs, he is fired. If they lose in the first round he is fired...in fact, he's been such a dreary addition, anything short of the Conference Finals and he is toast. Totally agree with you, he really misread the Letang situation....does he not know about the players history?  Very odd moves indeed.
If I'm not mistaken when he played back in the '70s the Pens played with 17 skaters with 2 goalkeepers, I wonder if that is in his head?

As long as they get in the cap goes away. Having said that, Rutherford is a moron and I refer everyone to my disgust at the time of his hiring.[/quote) I known that's true! We should be able to bring people up from WBS. Or there is some rule that I am not aware of?!

Archived