• Montreal wins in 5
    • Montreal wins in 6
    • Montreal wins in 7
    • Ottawa wins in 4 (sweep)
    • Ottawa wins in 5
    • Ottawa wins in 6
    • Ottawa wins in 7

Oh my, Ottawa!

This is a FINE mess you've found yourself in.....

Series is still alive, but really, Sens taking 4 straight from the Atlantic winning Habs?

I don't see that happening.

Of course, if Ottawa WERE to accomplish that, it would go right along nicely with the kind of season they have had to this point:

Left for dead, only to go on an incredible streak and make the playoffs.

So.....left for dead in this series....and an incredible 4 game run to win it in 7?

Could still happen......ummm, but not very likely, sad to say.

I thought Ottawa played their best overall game from start to finish in Game 3...yet still couldn't manage anymore than the one goal past Carey Price, the Habs just hung around, hung around, hung around....they get their tying goal in the 3rd, then of course, win it to put a stranglehold on the series.

Now all the Senators can do now is break out all the cliches:

--Take it one shift at a time, one period at a time, one game at a time

--It's not over till the 4th game is won

--Everyone all in

--Play like it's your last game (because it likely is!)

And any others I may have left out.

I'll still be pulling for the Sens, but man, what a mountain to have to climb.

And it's one where it looks like NO McDonald Land character will be able to help........Hamburglar, Grimace, Mayor McCheese, the flippin Fry Guys, Ronald himself........ not sure any can get the Sens 4 straight wins against this most determined Habs team.

Go Sens...make the most of your home ice advantage for Game 4!!

From NBC Sports:

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2015/04/24/neil-out-chiasson-in-as-sens-look-to-stave-off-elimination-again/

Looks like Chris Neil will be replaced by Alex Chiasson for Montreal's attempt at closing out the Senators tonight.

What say you @ScottM , you like this move?

According to the article, Neil had been a non factor....and come to think of it, he DID seem pretty invisible when I watched games in this series with him in them.

Heart n soul guy for sure....and very MUCH agitator/goon extraordinaire  ;)  ......but it appears the time may have come for him to step aside in favor of young guns.

Another thing:

I KNEW the Sens were a young team, but looking at some of the ages of players that are taking center stage roles...just wow....didn't realize these guys were THAT young. Most under 24!

I mean, if Ottawa management can keep this group together and stabilize the goalie situation going into next year, I see no reason the Sens can't be contender for the playoffs again even if eliminated tonight.

These guys can only grow, get better and learn from playing a solid team like Montreal.

I like the move. Chiasson was good at the end of the season, and while I haven't been able to see much of the games so far, Neil really did seem invisible. I think it's better to give the youngster the experience so that he can build on it in the future. You're right about the outlook for the Sens. If this group remains together, this looks like a team that will be very good for a very long time.

@JackStraw  HUGE road win in Montreal with their backs to the wall. They blasted the Habs 5-1 facing elimination!  What a gutsy effort!!  This Sens team is super dangerous!  Anderson is playing lights out, allowing 1 goal in his last 2 games....going back to Montreal, the Habs are gonna have to dig DEEP to win this thing!!  I hope Game #6 is a night game so I can watch it!

How about Pageau risking his friggin life stepping in front of that Subban slapshot??  I LOVE what Pageau brings, hope he's ok for Game #6!!!

Archived