• Montreal wins in 4 (Sweep)
    • Montreal wins in 5
    • Montreal wins in 6
    • Montreal wins in 7
    • Ottawa wins in 4 (sweep)
    • Ottawa wins in 5
    • Ottawa wins in 6
    • Ottawa wins in 7

Battle royale here!  Sens and Hammond have been playing great the last 30 games.  Price and the Habs have been near the top for almost the entire season.  Somthing has to give. Gonna be a great series.  I will go with Habs in 6.

With apologies to the remarkbable run of the Senators:

If Pacioretty is in the lineup, it is all Montreal. The Sens worked their tails off and deserve credit for what they have done, but Carey Price will not be denied.

If Pax is in the lineup, Habs in 5.

If he is out, Habs in 6.

Three out of four regular season matchups went to the Sens. Price isn't playing quite as well as he was earlier in the season. Hammond is showing no signs of letting up. The kids are still firing on all cylinders, and have a pretty close approximation of playoff pressure from the ridiculous run that they've just completed. The Habs will come to play, but the Sens are too hot. Ottawa in six.

The Canadiens rely too much on Price, and the Sens are too hot right now to get kicked out. Sens get it done in 6 and gives us a Bruins fans something to cheer for. Watch the young guns for Ottawa put this series away

This is going to be a fun series to watch. How much diving will the has get away with?

Montreal in 6.

That's pretty funny.

And as @WingNut722 and I have already talked about, DELAYS should not be tolerated for sorting scuba gear....so will post this here to have it ready for Habs players.  :D

Scuba-Gear.jpg

That's pretty funny.

And as @WingNut722 and I have already talked about, DELAYS should not be tolerated for sorting scuba gear....so will post this here to have it ready for Habs players.  :D

This is just not a good time to be experimenting with cross-over sports.  The playoffs should be respected for what they are!  :P

Alright....other than my bracket, I hadn't posted on this thread for winning pick.

I went back n forth on this one.

Honestly, to me, this was the hardest opening series to pick because

A) The Habs, top to bottom are the more complete team that SHOULD win

B) The Canadiens have one of the better defenses in the league (albeit propped up mightily by Carey Price, though the D-men themselves are still good).

However....

A) The Sens are so white hot right now, you could fry eggs off their helmets

B) Ottawa DID handle the Habs during the regular season, winning the season series 3 games to 1

C) The Senators are one of those teams that just when you THINK you have them down and out, they keep going at you and find ways to get a tying or winning goal.

Hmm....that's three reasons to vote Sens and only two for the Habs.

I went Ottawa in 6 in a stunning upset of the Atlantic Division winning Montreal Canadiens.

The Habs have a bit of trouble consistently scoring goals as it is and for Game 1, they will be missing their best offensive player, MaxPac....this is Ottawa's chance to jump on Montreal early and often, in an attempt to leave the MaxPac-less Habs with as little chance to come back as possible.

Crazy wacky opening game that saw all manner of unlikely things go on......

I don't expect some of the stuff that went on to be the norm for the series, but one thing I DO expect: this series may continue to be nasty, competitive, and may very well go 7.

That is, unless, as the announcers in last night's game would have you believe, that Andrew Hammond may have a bit of stage fright.

I don't buy that, but we will see how well he and his Sens play tomorrow.

The Habs and Price weren't particularly sharp (see: Andrei Markov....lol), but they DID get the win and, at the end of the day, that is all that really matters.

But for Montreal:  Game 2 possibly without MaxPac and Two Hander Subban? Could be.....

Ottawa really needed to cash in on some great opportunities late in the game. Wasn't to be though.

Very, very exciting start to what I expect to be a very good series.

Hmm...bad news for the Sens....

They lose Mark Stone, the Habs keep PK Subban....and now, Max Pac is back in the lineup for Montreal.

Ottawa needs the return of the magic Hamburglar and the return of the comeback Sens.....because I KNOW that while Stone is a big loss, the team, offensively, is more than just Stone.

Take it to'em Sens....you still have the horses and firepower...make it work for ya!

@TropicalFruitGirl26  Stone is out there playing, probably no where close to 100%, but he's out there.

Yea, @jammer2 , I see that...surprised the heck out of me seeing him out there.

But hey, it's the playoffs, these guys are hockey players....unless they are near death, and the doc says they just can't go, they are in, eh?  :)

Whenever a team fixates on officiating, instead of hockey, they're in trouble.

Before the first game, I thought Ottawa had the edge.  But, with their obsession with PK, I think they've given Montreal the advantage. 

Yea, @jammer2 , I see that...surprised the heck out of me seeing him out there.

But hey, it's the playoffs, these guys are hockey players....unless they are near death, and the doc says they just can't go, they are in, eh?  :)

I know he's a very nice player and his team is counting on him, but he does appear to be very useful out there, at least at the moment. I don't even think he can shoot....lol. Sometimes the right thing to do for the team is to say "I'm not ready to go"....but hockey players are just not wired that way.

From CBC Canada:

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/senators-bench-andrew-hammond-for-craig-anderson-1.3039496

Looks like Craig Anderson will be getting the start as the series opens at CTC for Game 3.

Also looks like the Sens are opting to go a bit 'rougher' with Chris Neil being put in place of Alex Chiasson for tonight's game.

A bit of desperation on Ottawa's part?

Probably.

Although the series is not over, IMO, this is a must win for the Senators. They go down 0-3, Cinderella season or no, I just can't see Ottawa winning 4 straight.

A win tonight puts them right back into things with another game at home before heading back to the Bell Centre.

Whether Craig Anderson still has the chops to stand on his head and keep his team in the game will remain to be seen, but apparently, the Sens feel the Habs have Andrew Hammond figured out and want to change things up....thus in comes in the veteran Anderson.

As for Neil in for Chiasson...can't hurt.

Chiasson, while still a promising young player, has been mostly a non factor in the series, while veteran Chris Neil brings some extra 'sandpaper' and experience to the proceedings. He can also chip in some goals here and there.

Only drawbacks to Neil would be, how much rust has he accumulated having not played in nearly two months...and will he be SMART Neil and not GOON Neil?

He will do NOTHING for the Sens if he starts taking all manner of stupid penalties on the ice, handing the Habs PP opportunities left and right.

We will see if Ottawa's bench has made the right moves here.

Also, as a side note from Game 2...this story of two Ottawa Senators fans being harassed and basically assaulted at the Bell Centre by #$$%ole (likely drunk) Montreal fans:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/ottawa-senators-fan-katie-kerrick-harassed-at-habs-game-1.3039078

Now, I am not making this post to deride Montreal fans in general, but rather, because of the disgust I felt reading and listening to this regarding ANY fans of ANY teams that would engage in this sort of garbage.

I realize things like this can and do happen anywhere, but really, for a fanbase that prides itself on class, knowledge of the game, and elite level backing of their team, these two idiots who attacked these women are very poor representatives for their team.

The two things that bothered me the most?

1--The women told security what was going on and got a "What do you want me to do?" for their efforts.

2-- Are you trying to tell me that with all the fans packed in that arena, that while these women were being bothered and physically hit that NO OTHER guys with a pair tried to intervene in any way??

I realize the women were wearing Sens gear in enemy territory, but honestly, shame on anyone who saw what was going on and either didn't help or at least back the women up when they complained to security and especially shame on the arena security themselves for not doing a damned thing.

I have worn TB Lightning gear to Minnesota Wild games when the Bolts have come in and have worn Rays gear when they've visited the Minnesota Twins in baseball.

Hell, I've even been over to US Cellular (the Chicago White Sox stadium where fans have a reputation for being a bit 'rough') wearing a Twins jersey and aside from some good natured ribbing and fun being made of the Twins, NOTHING close to this has ever happened.

I plan on visiting the United Center at some point in the near future when either the Wild or Lightning visit there. I expect a bit of ridicule, but NOT expecting anything like what these women went through.

Idiotic drunks seeing two young women alone in their arena rooting for the 'wrong team'......I guess that's what it takes for them to feel like real men, eh?

Absolutely disgusting on the offending fans' part, disgusting on security's part, and some disgust on anyone who witnessed what happened and didn't say or do anything to help.

Idiotic drunks seeing two young women alone in their arena rooting for the 'wrong team'......I guess that's what it takes for them to feel like real men, eh?

FLAT OUT DISGRACEFUL, they failed as human beings, the fan part does not even matter. Stories like this make me feel ill. It's A GAME...to assault someone over what type of jersey they wear is just beyond stupid, immature and several other hundred adjectives you could throw in!!

Archived