Pens and Rangers series

notfondajane

And the Pens lose another one. It almost looks like they want to lose. It sounded like Lunquist couldn't control any of the rebounds and of course the Pens couldn't get to them all night long. I'm not understanding why nearly every night the Pens get around 40 shots or so and scoring 1 or 2 goals while giving up 20 to 25 shots or so and coming up short on the score board! Again I wonder if this team actually wants to win this or any series at all? It looks like they're losing accidentally on purpose! Looks like they want to win but really don't!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pol, nothing wrong on the first goal, just a bad change. The second could have been called hooking as Laps looked like he was going to win the race in, but they just aren't calling hooking this year. The Rangers continued the play and scored. That one just sucked.

Without someone willing to shoot the puck from the blueline, the Ranges are just concentrating on the forwards and keeping them to the outside. The Pens look bad until the third when they played desperate and Lovejoy and Martin started to shoot the puck. Funny, if you have to guard all 5 of the other opponents, it makes it harder on the defense. Who'd have guessed.

Ok bud thanks for the perspective. From where I was it looked like Sid got mugged to get the puck going the other way then the defensive breakdown.

And the Lapierre must've been worse than I thought so thanks for the info. My son and I were debating if either play mattered. The officiating wasn't as bad but I think people were so used to them sucking it was just expected!

Ok last night Pens had 24 total shots 13 in the 3rd. I still don't understand why they can't get to a rebound as often, with what Mike Lange said the Pens are just missing the rebound or shooting high, wide or both. Opposing teams seem to getting to offensive rebounds easier. It sounds like that weather it is accurate I'm not sure. All I know is that the Pens have to do a better job at everything!

@notfondajane

They might want to start with more than zero shots in the first 15 minutes. I thought Crosby had a good game...Malkin was invisible. 

Unacceptable.

As for Malkin, he's playing hurt (back).  He's says he's 85% (if my Russian to English is good) but I think it's a lot worse. 

@notfondajane

They might want to start with more than zero shots in the first 15 minutes. I thought Crosby had a good game...Malkin was invisible.

I'm not sure if it is the attitude of the team! It almost looks like they want to be on the golf course or they are confused on what style of game they want to play!

@B21

In get that he's hurt. A lot of people are playing hurt. Malkin actually looked like he was trying in the last 5 minutes. Prior to that, he was just out for a skate.

There's hurt and then there's hurt...and then hurt, too.  I think it's more than the usual dings and dents that come during the season. 

Ok bud thanks for the perspective. From where I was it looked like Sid got mugged to get the puck going the other way then the defensive breakdown.

And the Lapierre must've been worse than I thought so thanks for the info. My son and I were debating if either play mattered. The officiating wasn't as bad but I think people were so used to them sucking it was just expected!

I need to look at a replay of that first one, I didn't notice anything, the angles that I saw showed nothing. 

I need to look at a replay of that first one, I didn't notice anything, the angles that I saw showed nothing.

The sports nation article says...

"But the Rangers choked off what might have been an emotional start for the Pens, Keith Yandle sending Carl Hagelin in alone for the first goal of the game 8:43 into the game.

Could Yandle have been whistled for interfering with captain Sidney Crosby moments before?

Perhaps.

Crosby acknowledged it would have been a nice call to get but, coming off a two-goal effort in Game 2, he also admitted the team did not give itself the kind of start it needed."

Archived