Pens and Rangers series

notfondajane

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@notfondajane  The Pens have a real decent chance to knock off the Rags. Part of it depends on how stubborn the NYR are with Lundqvist as their #1 option. Bottom line, Talbot is the better goalie right now and the sooner the NYR management realizes this, the better their chances of advancing. I do think the Rags have more heart and determination than the Pens, and that goes a long way in these 7 game wars. They Pens will require something we have yet to see this year....at least for extended periods and that is Malkin and Crosby at the top of their respective games and clicking on all cylinders. This is gonna be one mean, nasty ugly war!!  Can't wait to see the hatred ooze from one game to the next. 

@notfondajane  The Pens have a real decent chance to knock off the Rags. Part of it depends on how stubborn the NYR are with Lundqvist as their #1 option. Bottom line, Talbot is the better goalie right now and the sooner the NYR management realizes this, the better their chances of advancing. I do think the Rags have more heart and determination than the Pens, and that goes a long way in these 7 game wars. They Pens will require something we have yet to see this year....at least for extended periods and that is Malkin and Crosby at the top of their respective games and clicking on all cylinders. This is gonna be one mean, nasty ugly war!!  Can't wait to see the hatred ooze from one game to the next.

[/quoteI am curious on how the Pens come out! The way they played the last fifteen games of the season really pissed me off! I'm starting to think that the Pens wanted this series with the Rangers to hopefully pay them back for last season! I'm would expect the Pens to come out with blood in the eyes and growling with guns a blazing! The way they ended the season I'm not sure how to read this team!

I believe the Pens are the team we've known them to be, so they have a good chance of upsetting the rags... My problem is I don't believe Rutherford and Johnston will let them be that team anymore.
I'm hoping for some positive changes in the off season! I wonder if Babcock came to Pittsburgh,if he would be offered the G.M.job as well as coach?!

Lost to Washington in '95, won in '96. Lost to Ottawa in I believe in '05 won in'06. Lost to Deteot in '08, won '09. Lost to the Rangers in '14, could I say won in'15?

Wait what about 2012? It seems this was (conveniently) forgotten  :D

This teams needs a frigging major shake up in the off season, Sutter is for the most part of his tenure here has been massively inconsistent and lacks the mean streak to be a shutdown center and my grandmother's dead corpse out out muscle him in a board battle, Kunitz has been awful since Sochi and has progressively got worse and worse and right now is playing like it's 20 years later, Scuderi's play as of late has been as grotesque as the stupid contract Shero threw at him, Dupuis as much as I love that guy can't be trusted anymore after hiding and trying to play though 2 blood clots in 2 years, Ehrhoff has just been a walking ward at UPMC Hospital, No forward depth thanks to Shero's 98-05 era Nashville Predetors draft logic of hoard every defenseman, Then just play pin the tail on the forward picks, Maybe 4 or 6 guys have NHL level potential, Only one Kapanen has top 6 potential and talent.

@Mad Dog

I think the Rangers looked to be the better team, but the Pens ramped up the physical game late in the game and it gave the Rangers fits. Oh and Downie is a selfish idiot that could singlehandedly cause them the series with his selfish plays. Of all the match ups so far this was pretty damn entertaining. Good old time hockey. 

Didn't watch the game. Is the score reflective of how the game went or the Rangers dominate?

1st half or at least until Lapierre actually decided to the net and be a pest (That's a big no-no around here the past 7 years) allowing Comeau to score on his rebound it was all Rangers still think the goal they let in was out of pity since MAF was under siege and not one of his DMan seemed to care or want to lay body contact on anyone/ clear the front of the net, Then it became a bit more competitive. ScuderJoy was a walking dumpster fire as per norm.

The pens did respond after trailing 2-0 which was nice to see for a change. Usually they would raise the white flag after going down by 2 goals.

I just hope the next week or so will be the last time I see Scuderi and Kunitz in a pens jersey.

The pens did respond after trailing 2-0 which was nice to see for a change. Usually they would raise the white flag after going down by 2 goals.

I just hope the next week or so will be the last time I see Scuderi and Kunitz in a pens jersey.

I'll believe it, When I finally see it, But who'll actually want those two clowns and their ridiculously stupid contracts, Much less be stupid enough to give up something of any value?

I'll believe it, When I finally see it, But who'll actually want those two clowns and their ridiculously stupid contracts, Much less be stupid enough to give up something of any value?

I'd like to say i feel sorry for you guys, but as a Flyer fan I'm wallowing in my own self pity.

And welcome to the board...both of you.

I'd like to say i feel sorry for you guys, but as a Flyer fan I'm wallowing in my own self pity.

And welcome to the board...both of you.

Haha, Thanks, Look on the bright side, At least you only have one overpaid 35+ year old, We have 3 (and a case for a 4th, Depending if Dupuis can go 2-3 months without some freak/untimely injury, Too quote Spinal Tap, I'm half expecting him to die in a bizarre gardening accident this summer that the authorities will state is best left unsolved.

Might as well get used to them.  Two more years each.  Not "too" bad.  I mean - it's not like we'll still be paying our former #1 defenseman until he's 42.  :ph34r:

I think Kunitz can be a solid 3rd liner. Scuderi a solid 3rd pairing defenseman.  Sure - not guys you normally pay $3.5 million per year to but that's offset and then some for these next two seasons by having a two 1st/2nd pairing defensemen making about $1,000,000 each (Maatta and Pouliot). 

Welcome!

welcome to hockey forum! Don't be a stranger!

Oh I agree, teams aren't going to line up and beg for these guys. I have some hope that Kunitz could be moved to a team on the cusp of making the playoffs and would value his experience.

At this point, just buyout Scuderi. He's awful.

Archived