Bob Ford's article in Philly.Com.

The Quigster

Those are the kinds of things I wonder about with this organization - we saw it with the dismantling of the SCF team.

The only question is whether Hextall is a "new way" or the "same old same old."

We likely won't know for another year or two, but he has at least said the right things.

The Flyers under Holmgren would have fired Julien after the historic collapse. Guaranteed.

If not in the locker room immediately following the final goal, the next day.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Flyers under Holmgren would have fired Julien after the historic collapse. Guaranteed.

If not in the locker room immediately following the final goal, the next day.

I completely agree. The short fuse of this organization would have canned Julien right away, and that Cup he guided his team to the next year would (probably) never have happened with Homer as GM.

Also, care to guess the last time the Flyers had a coach for 8 seasons?

I'll give you a hint - it's never.

Didn't read through the whole thread, but Berube is BRUTAL at constructing useful lines AND line matching. It's 2 of the main ways a coach can impact a game, and the Flyers basically start out everygame behind the 8 ball cause he is so bad at matching lines....get him the HELL out...he's in over his head and it's blatantly obvious!! I want Claude Julien if the Bruins let him go, which I think they will!!

They've already canned their GM and were fairly clear it was Becausen of the cap mess he got them into.. (Which is nothing compared to our cap mess BTW) so point is, I honestly don't expect Claude to get the axe. It seems like they blame the GM for screwing their personel and inability to change it. Wow imagine that.

I would take him though. The Bruins know how to play 2015 hockey. They just couldn't quite get it over the edge this year.

Also, care to guess the last time the Flyers had a coach for 8 seasons?

I'll give you a hint - it's never.

It should have been Lavvy... or Stevens.

But just because they're gone doesn't mean now is the time to start committing. Berube was a huge mistake. Period. Gotta get fixed asap.

How long are we going to Give Hextall? As long as he gave Chief? 

A good question, but impossible to answer RIGHT NOW.  At least to me, it all depends on how he operates.  If he makes solid, well thought-out moves, even if the final outcome is not what everybody wants, then I would give him all the time in the world.  What I *don't* want to see is yet another attempt at bying the Cup at basically any price.  Been there, done that. 

Archived