2015 Offseason Coaching Changes

AJgoal

So far, the following teams have vacancies:

Buffalo

Philadelphia

San Jose

Toronto

Edmonton (Todd Nelson is the interim coach, they have not committed to him)

And the following coaches with recent head coaching experience are available:

Dan Bylsma

Todd McClellan

Ted Nolan

John Tortorella

Dallas Eakins

Paul MacLean

Randy Carlyle

Craig Berube

I'm sure I'm missing names.

What do people think is going to happen? Who goes where? Who is still to be released?

@AJgoal

Keep Torts and Bylsma the hell away from here!

That is all....carry on....

For the Flyers:

IF Babcock becomes available..the #1 Babcock, #2 McClellan

Wild card..Julien from Boston if he become available.

for some strange reason I could see Nolan going to the Sharks.....don't know why..jsut a gut feeling.

I don't think Tortorella is the right kind of coach for Philly, Bylsma would get murdered by the media here. Tortorella might, might actually be an ok fit in Edmonton, should they release Nelson. He's got a short shelf life, but the Rangers played all over good defensive hockey with him at the helm. Get their forwards playing decent defense, then replace him as the team is finally righting the ship.

Nolan, I just don't know. He was out of the NHL for a decade. He did pretty well, I thought, and didn't deserve to get the axe this year. I wonder what is going on behind the scenes that keeps seeing him out of a job.

Eakins' star really fell. When Edmonton hired him, he was the next big thing in coaching, and he fell flat. Some of that is talent, but he apparently had some significant issues as a coach, too. Poor PP being tops on the list.

Toronto is such a mess, I don't know what to think of Carlyle.

I always thought MacLean was decent. Was surprised when Ottawa canned him mid-season.

i dont know about Todd McClellan because he always against playing the younger guys, i would rather see maclean since he wasnt afraid to play the younger guys and took them to the playoffs, if babcock isnt available maclean will be a great fit especially he's coaching with a great goalie in mason then he did in ott.

Eakins' star really fell. When Edmonton hired him, he was the next big thing in coaching, and he fell flat. Some of that is talent, but he apparently had some significant issues as a coach, too. 

I kinda bought into the Eakins hype and thought maybe he could be a good coach. Until I saw his presser after being fired. I think he might be insane: 

https://youtu.be/kzTIbkHY050

https://youtu.be/c5Qlz0Cl3-A

Archived