Flames Fan Flummoxed Over Flag Conflagration

Podein25

I'm just gonna be honest here: I'm posting this because of the final line of the story: "he'd like reimbursement for his broken pole and ripped pants."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/calgary-flames-fan-roughed-up-for-waving-flag-1.3040332

The only real surprise to the story is that it was security guards and not Flyer fans who beat him up.

Oh yeah: Go Flames (what a fun team to watch). I'm hoping for an Isles-Flames SCF...

Pods, what's the situation in the Peg with their first playoff in 19 years....total anarchy?

Yes, the "whiteout" should be impressive to see. I'm not going to the game, but the TV and decibel meters should be able to capture it. I don't think fans are any less jacked being down 2-0. If anything, I think they feel that it's still winnable since the Jets had leads going into the the 3rd in both games despite their best players not playing well at all. Ladd, Little and Wheeler and Byfuglien all need to be better. I think Little is still hurt, he just doesn't look himself.

Anyway, yeah I think the fans are good for at least one win at home, maybe two. Big game tonight.

Some local press on the whiteout: 

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/jets-fans-expected-to-blow-the-roof-off-mts-centre-for-playoffs-1.3040446

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/hockey/jets/Winnipeggers-prep-from-tonights-whiteout-300693421.html?cx_navSource=d-top-story

I'm just gonna be honest here: I'm posting this because of the final line of the story: "he'd like reimbursement for his broken pole and ripped pants."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/calgary-flames-fan-roughed-up-for-waving-flag-1.3040332

The only real surprise to the story is that it was security guards and not Flyer fans who beat him up.

Oh yeah: Go Flames (what a fun team to watch). I'm hoping for an Isles-Flames SCF...

Wow...when I first saw the thread title, then started reading your post, I was under the impression this was a problem because a Flames fan was waving his flag at at PHILLY game.....but damn...at his OWN Saddledome...waving his OWN team's flag sitting with his OWN fans?

WTF is wrong with "security"??

Tell the man from the very beginning not to wave the flag and be done with it.

Don't tell the man its ok, then three goals later he is being basically beat up over something stupid like harmless flag waving!

It's incidents like these and the one over in the Bell Centre with the young women who were harassed and assaulted WHY people have such low opinions of so-called 'security'.

It's why terms like Wannabe Cops, Rent-A-Cop, Pretend Police, Uniformed Goon, and Pseudo Bad Ass exist.

Just piss poor representations of that line of work, and shame on the asshats who hire Neanderthals to do those jobs....THEN have to back them even though they are clearly wrong in some cases.

Policy?

Ok...then why are flags seen at Calgary games on other occasions?

Why is it ok sometimes, not other times?

Doesn't anyone see WHY this can cause a problem when things are enforced sometimes yes, sometimes no?

Make up your damned mind whether this will be allowed or not and stick to it, and incidents like this won't surface.

Then again, if the security are true Troglodytes, SOMETHING will come up anyways, won't it?

I guess you just have to be a big, rough looking drunk idiot bothering the rest of the fans in order for security to deem you 'not worth bothering with', eh?

Oh, and I love the part about the 'safety concerns' of the fan waving the flag....UNLESS he purchased the flags, poles, guns, knives, etc, from the FAN ATTIC STORE on the premises....because, you know, long solid or sharp objects purchased through team stores are MUCH safer than those brought in by the fans themselves....

*&^%$ing morons.... :blink[1]:

@TropicalFruitGirl26

Yeah, it's hard to understand this whole thing. If I had to guess, I'd say the problem is with two or more different rent-a-cops giving different directions and not communicating. Bound to result in a clusterphuck. Sounds a lot like the Flyers' "system" for getting the puck out of their end.

@TropicalFruitGirl26

Yeah, it's hard to understand this whole thing. If I had to guess, I'd say the problem is with two or more different rent-a-cops giving different directions and not communicating. Bound to result in a clusterphuck. Sounds a lot like the Flyers' "system" for getting the puck out of their end.

Pretty good guess....and because Cro-Magnon couldn't get on the same page as Neanderthal, some poor schmuck who was just partying it up with a flag (ok, an ILLEGAL flag because he didn't purchase the OFFICIAL ones from the team store  :huh:  ), pays the price for it.

OMG... that's f'ing embarrassing... something I'd only expect to see from.... ummmm.... *lowers voice*... "you know who"... *points south*..

The "CLINCHER"... apparently it's Saddledome policy to allow "flag poles"  ONLY if they are purchased on-site at the Flames Fan Store.... WTF!?!?!.

These assholes (security dept.)  better come up with some sort of settlement quickly, or any decent lawyer is going to sue their asses for a heck of a lot more than jeans/flag/apology.

Taken directly from the Saddledome's website:

BANNERS AND FLAGS:
Banners and flags are prohibited from being hung or fastened to any railings or wall in the Scotiabank Saddledome. Small hand-held signs are permitted but must meet the following criteria:

·         Signs cannot be distasteful in nature or content

·         Signs cannot obstruct the view of other patrons

·         Signs cannot be attached to sticks or poles (except those sold by the Flames FanAttic)

·         Signs may not be corporate or advertisement in nature

Archived