Round 2: #1 Anaheim (P) vs. #3 Calgary (P)

pilldoc

Round 2: #1 Anaheim (P) vs. #3 Calgary (P)  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Round 2: #1 Anaheim (P) vs. #3 Calgary (P)

• Ducks in 4 (Sweep)
    • Ducks in 5
    • Ducks in 6
    • Ducks in 7
    • Flames in 4 (Sweep)
    • Flames in 5
    • Flames in 6
    • Flames in 7

Nice win by the Flames, just take it once game at a time, they showed they can play with the Ducks in this game...gotta take it a few minutes at a time, not even periods....or the task can become to daunting.

@jammer2

I can't see the Flames pulling another one out, but they still must be feeling good about themselves and feel they have momentum what with the way they won. The Ducks are just too dangerous to keep off the scoreboard for very long. If the Getzlaf line doesn't get you the Kesler line does. Or the 3rd line. Or their D. 

But, Go Flames. It would be good to see the scantily clad Red Mile again.

Only one more game until Anaheim moves on to face the Central Powerhouse that is the Blackhawks. Not looking forward to that series. It's gonna be rough.

Should be a dandy. Hard to pick a winner. Ducks look good but haven't had to play NSH and MIN to get through. Edge to the Hawks?

Should be a dandy. Hard to pick a winner. Ducks look good but haven't had to play NSH and MIN to get through. Edge to the Hawks?

Anaheim had to play a ultra physical Jets though, and a hungry Flames team. Don't discredit Anaheim's run because they didn't play Nashville or Minnesota. I also don't put faith in the regular season games because Anaheim played with a AHL defense and forwards when everyone was injured and had mumps.

I think this will ultimately come down to goaltending.

Anaheim had to play a ultra physical Jets though, and a hungry Flames team. Don't discredit Anaheim's run because they didn't play Nashville or Minnesota. I also don't put faith in the regular season games because Anaheim played with a AHL defense and forwards when everyone was injured and had mumps.

I think this will ultimately come down to goaltending.

It's true that the Ducks had to play the very physical Jets, but I don't think it had much effect on them. It was only 4 games for one thing. And they actually out-physicaled the Jets IMO.

The Anaheim D is better than I thought

Mobile and they move the pick quickly. Anaheim's neutral zone team play is as good as any team I've seen in the playoffs.

Welcome by the way.

Another thing to factor in....the Ducks had to come from behind 3 straight times to beat the Jets...so it's not like it was a cakewalk...in the end, hard not to think that the Ducks believe in themsleves more after the Jets series. Coming back that many times can give a team a feeling that they are never out of it...and it's great for team bonding as well.

Flames lost. Now Johnny "hockey" can get his cartoon golf ball eyes fixed.

I dunno...he had a good season and an excellent rookie playoff season.

Sounds to me like his 'cartoon golf ball eyes' (whatever the hell THAT means) are just fine.

I'd leave them as it is.

It probably has the effect of freaking out Vancouver defensemen too...which again, is a plus for his team.

Why mess with a good thing, eh?  ;)

Archived