SV% 9.3 GAA 1.77 and losing

mojo1917

The King has been great, but Wow, Brayden Holtby out dueling the best goalie on the planet.

Actually there are no second chances, for NYR the WSH defense has been great in limiting rebound chances, Holtby is giving up rebounds, but the addition of Orpik and Niskanen has really added a lot of toughness to the WSH blue line.

@mojo1917  I was the only one to stubbornly include Holtby as a top 10 goalie this past summer when we all made top 10 lists. I swear, from the moment I saw this kid, I had a feeling he was something special. I saw him shut out the Leafs the first time I saw him....and wow...was he making some outstanding saves. This guy is has elite quickness, and some of the best side to side movements in the league....and he's great at anticipating the play also.

Game six aside, there has been some beyond stellar goaltending in this series. My hat is off to both of those guys. I'll find it hard to pick against whichever team wins this series the rest of the way, simply because of how Lundqvist and Holtby are playing.

@mojo1917  I was the only one to stubbornly include Holtby as a top 10 goalie this past summer when we all made top 10 lists. I swear, from the moment I saw this kid, I had a feeling he was something special. I saw him shut out the Leafs the first time I saw him....and wow...was he making some outstanding saves. This guy is has elite quickness, and some of the best side to side movements in the league....and he's great at anticipating the play also.

I didn't. Nobody in my league did and thank God for that, because when my 2nd goalie started to suck, he was there for me to pluck from the waiver wire. I never let him go after that.

I swear, from the moment I saw this kid, I had a feeling he was something special

I felt the same. A few years ago the Caps had Varlamov, Neuvirth, and Holtby. Three pretty promising young goalies. It didn't take them long to decide on Holtby. The thing that impressed me early on, apart from the fact that he was big and technically strong, was how calm he was. Just never seems to get rattled at all. I think the league should get prepared for the Braden Holtby/Carey Price era. Those two should dominate for a long time.

Varlomov was the only one that really didn't cycle through Hershey for very long,  I saw Holtby when he was new with the Bears and thought he was good, but he was the "other guy" behind Neuvirth, who while in Hershey was really lights out.  i'm surprised he hasn't put it together in the NHL because he was clocking the A...

Varlomov was the only one that really didn't cycle through Hershey for very long,  I saw Holtby when he was new with the Bears and thought he was good, but he was the "other guy" behind Neuvirth, who while in Hershey was really lights out.  i'm surprised he hasn't put it together in the NHL because he was clocking the A...

I thought Neuvirth looked good when he first came up for the Caps.

Probably the biggest thing I did in fantasy hockey this year was deciding to ditch Bob...and trade for Holtby....and I made some BIG moves this year, getting and selling off Seguin among many, many other trades. Nothing against Bob, he a solid goalie on an up and coming team...but he's no Holtby.

Archived