Babcock is Toronto's new coach.

Travis Yost writes a nice blog on what the Leafs can expect from a Babcock lead team....if you scroll down a bit, you see the team Corsi numbers...Wings #3 and Leafs #27....but yet people are stating the Leafs will win sooner than the Wings....sure, the Leafs will change the roster, but the two teams as of right now, are not even comparable.

http://www.tsn.ca/what-can-leafs-expect-with-babcock-1.288029

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is very high risk, but an even bigger reward....statues of yourself....your kids kids being anointed as saints...LOL....it is HUGE to be leading this charge and to be successful at it!!

I was not trying to be bleak, I was trying to be honest...facts are facts...the Leafs have not won a playoff series since J.R scored that goal.....THAT was a long time ago....The Leafs have not been to the finals since they won it in 67.....they can't even get on the damn diving board to take the Nestea plunge. Just putting things in the proper perspective bro....

I can remember Toronto losing to Philadelphia in 2003 (?), and of course Boston most recently. I can't remember the last team Toronto beat in the playoffs.

:(

@WordsOfWisdom

Ottawa? You guys always beat Ottawa.

Yeah. It might have been Ottawa.  That might have been the last playoff series this franchise won... and that's almost 15 years ago!  :o

EDIT: I had to look it up. They beat Ottawa and then lost to Philadelphia back in 2003-04. The year before (2002-03) they lost to Philadelphia in round one.  So no playoff rounds won in 12 years.

@WordsOfWisdom  Ha, the most recent back to back wins against the Leafs...and all I can fixate on is the little trickler that escaped the Breezer in game #6 against Toronto in the 90's. To this day, I believe it is still the lowest scoring 6 game series of all time, which is shocking considering on of the games had 5 goals. Lot's of TIGHT hockey there....a few 1-0's...a few 2-1...every goal in that series was momentum shifting and hard to come back from.

Archived