Great Article on Kimmo Timonen

He won gold at the World Junior Championship and the World Championship in 2007. He made the triple gold club at age 22, winning both the Olympics and the Cup that year (2010), while being named the best forward in the Olympics and the Stanley Cup Playoff MVP. He's almost a point per game player in the playoffs, and is a +17 in his playoff career. He's the best captain in the game, bar none. I think it's safe to give him the best player title, too.

I think everyone would agree, Toews would have been great no matter what, but it is a very comforting thought that our current coach Hakstol helped build the perfect beast.

I cant believe Polaris has not hopped in the conversation yet to discredit Kimmo! ;)

Haha! Just because his talent is gone doesn't mean I'm not happy for him. Best part for him is he played in two games where the team won with him on the ice to wrap it up, so there's no "I should've done more" mentality as though watching other players earn it for you.

As for the best player in the game comments everyone makes comparing Toews to Crosby... I've said it before, give Sid the supporting cast they've managed to somehow maintain in Chicago, and you guys are sobbing in your beers about the Pens' third or even fourth Cup by now. It's why I voted for Bowman so strongly in our GM face off, and why Shero dwindled in the end. ;)

Archived