NHL to test Ads on Jerseys at World Cup of Hockey

radoran

...Because $$$$$$$$$$$$$.

I hate the idea, but I could totally see it happening. Ugh.

It's only more $$$$$$$$$$ if people keep watching. If people take a stand and TURN THE PRODUCT OFF (a foreign concept I know), then it becomes less $$$$$$$$$$$ for the NHL and they will be forced to STOP doing it!   :mellow: 

Good grief....... :(

I can remember when there was no advertising anywhere - on the ice, the boards, and certainly not on the players uni's. 

Geeze, I'm old.......   :hocky:

• 3 weeks later...

Good grief....... :(

I can remember when there was no advertising anywhere - on the ice, the boards, and certainly not on the players uni's. 

Geeze, I'm old.......   :hocky:

I wish I could find the name of this "law", "principle", or whatever it's called, but I know it exists........

The concept is that many small changes, introduced slowly (over time), will allow you to create a dramatic change. I guess EVOLUTION is the name of the game.  :)

So if your ultimate goal was to ban guns for example (shameless thread crossover :ph34r: ), you would never try to implement a ban on all guns. That would be met with fierce resistance. You have to take them away slowly, and it may even take a generation or two before they're banned completely, but ultimately each new generation is born into a new "norm". The world as they're born into it is the accepted default. They won't crave something they've never had. Thus, you can continue to take away and each new generation accepts less. (Or in the case of advertising, you can keep increasing the number of ads.)

Hopefully that made sense.  :confused[1]: 

Archived