Sports Illustrated's Best Hockey Players by Jersey Number

klindsey

http://www.si.com/nhl/photos/2010/09/30greatest-nhl-players-by-jersey-number?xid=si_social

I enjoyed the list.

Side/Random note: I am no longer allowed to post on SI's Facebook page because I posted a picture of Reese Witherspoon on nearly all of their articles for like 3 straight months.

Hmmm. Will #99 be Wilf Paiment, or Rick Dudley?

There are some people that simply don't belong on this list in the company of the others - I don't have a solid argument for someone else, but they might have been better off simply not noting that number.

Jussi Jokinen?? (for that matter, there are FAR too many Carolina Hurricanes on this list - do they just give out numbers no other team uses, or what?)

Martin Biron?

Paul Ranger?

Yakupov?

RADULOV?

And Modano over O'Reilly 12 times out of 5.

There are some people that simply don't belong on this list in the company of the others - I don't have a solid argument for someone else, but they might have been better off simply not noting that number.

Jussi Jokinen?? (for that matter, there are FAR too many Carolina Hurricanes on this list - do they just give out numbers no other team uses, or what?)

Martin Biron?

Paul Ranger?

Yakupov?

RADULOV?

I think the concept of the article was very interesting, but my reaction to some of the names was very similar. He was reading these to me at work, and when we got into the higher numbers I was literally laughing at the lack of what some jersey numbers have to offer. I think Yakupov gave me the biggest laugh.

Martin Biron?

Paul Ranger?

Yakupov?

RADULOV?

I think that's what made it interesting. Seeing that some of these numbers so many people just didn't use that they had to dig and find subpar players. Then, other numbers seemed to have a log-jam of quality players that wore them.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived