Tye McGinn

I don't think he skates well enough to be a factor on the current TBL team.

He's big and if he can figure out how to consistently get into "Hartnell/Lucic/Ward" territory he could be a decent contributor, but imo you'd have to protect him with where he starts because his skating keeps him from being a decent 2 way player.

Well, I must say, I am a little surprised by this signing.

I know the Bolts needed to replace Brendan Morrow, but I thought getting Erik Condra (an upgrade actually there) would take care of that, so not sure what signing Tye McGinn brings to the table for TB, other than perhaps AHL depth with a possibility of a callup in case of injury or if McGinn suddenly starts killing it in the minors.

His contract IS two way, so he may very well see the bulk of his time in Syracuse.

On the bright side, he will be turning just 25 next week, has decent size, and it is very possible that being in an organization like Tampa Bay, which stresses speed and quickness, gets him to improve himself in those areas.

One thing is for sure, even in Syracuse, if McGinn isn't up to snuff as far as being able to keep up, he won't last too long with the organization.

This is an addition for the Crunch, plain and simple.

He's not an NHL player. He can't really even hit because he can't skate well enough to catch anyone. He's okay on the fourth line in a call up situation, but that's honestly about it.

I mean, he's better than Michael Raffl, but that's about it.

Archived