What to do with Dustin Byfuglien

yave1964

What to do with Dustin Byfuglien  

9 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• Keep Him at Forward
    • Keep him at Defense
    • Trade Him

They should be focused on picks and prospects, the d core is solid. The proved last year they can play without him and win at a higher percentage. Unless something serious was tabled like a 30 year old 1st line center I see no value in farting around with some other teams castoffs. Pics and prospects, period.

Agreed. You guys have some nice young players already paying dividends.

The addition of Myers has made Buff a valuable trade chip.

Hutchinson is a good young goalie and Hellboy in t system covers you in goal.

So some d a forward prospects or 1st round picks are probably the best Case scenario

• 2 weeks later...

Agreed. You guys have some nice young players already paying dividends.

The addition of Myers has made Buff a valuable trade chip.

Hutchinson is a good young goalie and Hellboy in t system covers you in goal.

So some d a forward prospects or 1st round picks are probably the best Case scenario

And after his dumb dumb hit on Pominville tonight I think I've seen enough. I wouldn't be overly surprised if the league stepped in on that one and laid down the law...as they should!

Z

Trade him and trade him while the phone is ringing....

The Jets are 700 without him, 600 with him in the lineup on forward and 500 with him on d....do the math. Oh his flashy, oh he's big and oh how I've heard how Jets fans like him but I can tell you what Jets fans will like even more...Winning and winning with structure. He's a selfish flashy player who costs more than he gains. The results don't lie. If the rumors are true about Boston...get er done. However I see Eric Staal leaving Carolina and if they Jets really want to get anything done they're gonna need a journeymen center to show the rest how to win. They've got the money and they're close to TBay....I'd LOVE to see a move with these two involved but I am not holding my breath.

Trade him now is my vote.

Z

I dunno, I'm open to the possibility of the Jets trading Buff.....but I do think the return should be a goal scoring forward. They have a deep defense, and with Pavlec, Hutch and Hellybuck in net, they are set for now and in the future. Thing is, the Jets are deep enough that it is almost impossible to crack into the top 6, Little-Wheeler-Ladd on the first line and Scheiffle-Ehlers-Perreault on the second line....maybe you turn Buff into a 1st round pick and a prospect...hard to say.

@datsun260z

How do you like my boy from the Mooseheads? is he turning heads for ya yet :P

He's unbelievable. I knew he was good and fast, saw him n Hali in 2012/13. But he has adapted quickly to the pro game. Dangerous player.

What I like most about his play right now is that he sends everything at the net. Leads the team in shots. Jets look very good. Fast

He's unbelievable. I knew he was good and fast, saw him n Hali in 2012/13. But he has adapted quickly to the pro game. Dangerous player.

What I like most about his play right now is that he sends everything at the net. Leads the team in shots. Jets look very good. Fast

People said Drouin would suck without Mackinnon. The next year people said Ehlers will suck without Drouin. This year people said Meier will be exposed without Ehlers. Next year I expect to hear Somppi and Fortier will suck without Meier

Meier has 3 goals and 10 points in 7 games so far and looks great. Somppi and Fortier are going to climb that draft ladder. currently not ranked 1st rounders, but they will be

• 2 weeks later...

I dunno, I'm open to the possibility of the Jets trading Buff.....but I do think the return should be a goal scoring forward. They have a deep defense, and with Pavlec, Hutch and Hellybuck in net, they are set for now and in the future. Thing is, the Jets are deep enough that it is almost impossible to crack into the top 6, Little-Wheeler-Ladd on the first line and Scheiffle-Ehlers-Perreault on the second line....maybe you turn Buff into a 1st round pick and a prospect...hard to say.

I believe he should be traded for the best interests of the team moving forward. For me that's a number once center that can line up against the biggest and brightest in that position. I like Little a lot but I believe I already mentioned that I don't see him going the distance against guys like Getzlaf. I also believe I pointed to Eric Staal in Carolina. I think they'd like to see him depart and they'd like to move their team forward. I suggest a blockbuster with Byfuglien and Hutch...yes, I said Hutch. I am big on moving players while they're valuable and running two goalie systems never seem to pan out. (good teams have a guy, not a 1 and 1A) and I reckon the Canes would like to move on with their goalie future as Ward continues with his average at best play. I suspect Staal would come play for Maurice too...the JEts land a player of that size and caliber look out, they could really do some damage as I believe they'd be set up the middle for the near future. I'd **** my knickers if a trade like this went down!

Z

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe Buff can go east in a trade for Travis Hamonic who has requested a trade for family reasons to be close to home.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/islanders-look-to-trade-travis-harmonic-over--family-concerns-220634623.html?soc_src=mediacontentstory&soc_trk=tw

There’s a ton to like about this player. He’s a right-hand shot, top-pairing defenceman with four years remaining on a good-value contract. The average annual amount is $3.857 million, although the actual dollars will be $4.875 million beginning in 2016-17. Teams are scared by term these days, but there’s less worry about someone signed to a fair deal during his prime years. And Hamonic does phenomenal things off the ice. His father, Gerald, died when Travis was a young boy. As a result, he invites children who’ve been through similar pain to Islanders’ games as his guest. (This work was illustrated in a tremendous 2014 ESPN feature). As a result, it’s not an easy deal for Islanders to make.

It would be a good deal for the Jets just not sure they could just move Buff for him.

It would be a good deal for the Jets just not sure they could just move Buff for him

You think they'd have to add more than Buff to get Hamonic? I'd think it would be the other way around, but I do like Hamonic's game. Tough.

You think they'd have to add more than Buff to get Hamonic? I'd think it would be the other way around, but I do like Hamonic's game. Tough.

Yes and he is young and has a great contract. So yeah you'd have to sweeten it. Maybe Enstrom could get it done.

You mean Buff and Enstrom for Hamonic?

No. Enstrom and something/someone for Hamonic. I don't think the Isles have roomor would want both. (Besides we all know Buff will be a Flyer i mean Eklund has only been predicting this for what now 5 years it seems  :ph34r: )

Plus Enstrom is 31, which i didn't even realize till i started looking more into it. Hamonic is only 25. Enstrom is on the books for 2 more after this @ 5.7mill. Hamonic has 4 after this one for 3.8mill (a sweet deal i think).

So with the difference in the contracts and age Jets would have to sweeten that more. Unless they would just prefer a forward.

No. Enstrom and something/someone for Hamonic. I don't think the Isles have roomor would want both. (Besides we all know Buff will be a Flyer i mean Eklund has only been predicting this for what now 5 years it seems :ph34r: )

Plus Enstrom is 31, which i didn't even realize till i started looking more into it. Hamonic is only 25. Enstrom is on the books for 2 more after this @ 5.7mill. Hamonic has 4 after this one for 3.8mill (a sweet deal i think).

So with the difference in the contracts and age Jets would have to sweeten that more. Unless they would just prefer a forward.

I can't see anybody interested in Enstrom's contract right now. He's ok, but he's small.

I can't see anybody interested in Enstrom's contract right now. He's ok, but he's small.

Plus he is way older what i thought for some reason i was thinking he was around 29-29. I was wrong. With that salary yeah i'd pass.

Don't know if it's been mentioned in this thread yet, but Travis Hamonic of the NYI is seeking a trade to be closer to his hometown of Winnipeg. He sites a personal family problem, sounds like a loved one is ill and he wants to be closer to visit more often. Being from Winnipeg, I guess the Jets are at the top of his list, but it is believed the Islanders want either Trouba or Myers back. The Jets have stated Trouba is an untouchable, and Myers is close to that also....but how about Big Buff....can the Jets even sign him, rumors swirling he is asking for a LOT of money. Hamonic is signed for 4 more years at just under 4 mill....a VERY manageable number. Hmm.....

Ahhhh, I see you guys were right on this rumor, good job!!

Archived