Show off your roster

ScottM

If we are comparing Fantasy Rosters...here is mine for the HF.net All Star League.  I drafted 12th out of 12 teams.  At least I got to pick back to back. :)

C Tyler Seguin, Dal C Draft

C Nathan MacKinnon, Col C Draft

LW Patrick Sharp, Dal LW Draft

LW Teuvo Teravainen, Chi LW Draft

RW Kevin Hayes, NYR RW Draft

RW Craig Smith, Nsh RW Draft

D Dustin Byfuglien, Wpg D, RW Draft

D Victor Hedman, TB D DTD Draft

D John Klingberg, Dal D Draft

D Mark Streit, Phi D Draft

UTIL Jack Eichel, Buf C Draft

G Henrik Lundqvist, NYR G Draft

G Craig Anderson, Ott G Draft

Bench Jake Allen, StL G Draft

Bench Jacob Trouba, Wpg D Draft

Bench Evgeny Kuznetsov, Wsh C Draft

Bench Ryan Strome, NYI C Draft

I think I'm a little weak on RW.  Could move Buff into that position, then move Trouba into that D-man spot if he starts out well for the Jets.  By drafting Buff, it gives me some flexibility because of his dual eligible positions.

I'm hoping Seguin and Sharp have some magic together.  I was hoping and praying I would get a scoring pair drafted.  If I could not get McDavid, come hell or high water I was not gonna miss out on Eichel.  I'm looking for a rebound year for MacKinnon.

I'm solid on defense with Hedman / Klingberg (who should be running the PP in Dallas) / Streit (hoping he has the same type of year as he did last year)

Looking for breakout season in Kuznetsov who I think will be on the top line with Ovie and Oshie while Backstrom is out. Also looking for a breakout season with Teravainen, who I think is going is going to start the season on the top line in Chicagao with Toews and Hossa.

I'm hoping for an injury free year in Sir Henry in goal. Anderson will start in goal Thursday night against the Canadiens, Ian Mendes of TSN1200 reports since Hammond has an injured hamstring.  Will be interesting to see if my gamble pays off in drafting Allen and Anderson.

Anyway that is my roster rundown.

It all starts tonight. Let the games begin! :)

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@pilldocSeguin still there at 12????? not to shabby when you look atat your draft position to have come away with Lundqvist and Seguin there. When you factor in that Buff qualifies at RW as well as defense your not that weak at RW. But regardless you certainly have some players to dangle if it comes to it.

@pilldocSeguin still there at 12????? not to shabby when you look atat your draft position to have come away with Lundqvist and Seguin there. When you factor in that Buff qualifies at RW as well as defense your not that weak at RW. But regardless you certainly have some players to dangle if it comes to it.

Yeah I was very shocked to see Seguin at 12.  I listed the first 37 picks in our draft . My picks are in BOLD. So yeah once I drafted Lunqvist, the goalies started flying off the board like hotcakes.  Hence that is why I believe Byfuglien was available for me at #37. 

1. Ovechkin
  2. Crosby
  3. Tavares
  4. Pavelski
  5. Price
  6. Tarasenko
  7. Giroux
  8. Bergeron
  9. Benn
  10. Stamkos
  11. Malkin
  12. Seguin
  13. Lunqvist
  14. R. Johansen
  15. Karlsson
  16. Kane
  17. Getzlaf
  18. Holtby
  19. Rinne
  20. MAF
  21. Quick
  22. Kessel
  23. Nash
  24. Voracek
  25. Bishop
  26. Crawford
  27. Rask
  28. Dubnyk
  29. Backstrom
  30. Bobrovsky
  31. Parise
  32. Toews
  33. Varlamov
  34. Halak
  35. Perry
  36. Allen
  37. Byfuglien

Yeah I was very shocked to see Seguin at 12.  I listed the first 37 picks in our draft . My picks are in BOLD. So yeah once I drafted Lunqvist, the goalies started flying off the board like hotcakes.  Hence that is why I believe Byfuglien was available for me at #37. 

1. Ovechkin
  2. Crosby
  3. Tavares
  4. Pavelski
  5. Price
  6. Tarasenko
  7. Giroux
  8. Bergeron
  9. Benn
  10. Stamkos
  11. Malkin
  12. Seguin
  13. Lunqvist
  14. R. Johansen
  15. Karlsson
  16. Kane
  17. Getzlaf
  18. Holtby
  19. Rinne
  20. MAF
  21. Quick
  22. Kessel
  23. Nash
  24. Voracek
  25. Bishop
  26. Crawford
  27. Rask
  28. Dubnyk
  29. Backstrom
  30. Bobrovsky
  31. Parise
  32. Toews
  33. Varlamov
  34. Halak
  35. Perry
  36. Allen
  37. Byfuglien

I took Price at number 5 and then Fleury at 20. This league seems to put a premium on netminding as we start two and Wins are worth a ton of points. After that I took Backstrom and Pacioretty (who somehow fell to the fifth round!) and built up a solid defense as we start 2 of each of the forward positions but we start 4 d-men so I figured a 55 point d-man is worth a lot more than a 5 point forward as good forwards are easier to find than scoring d-men. We will see if my philosophy works or not. Good luck this year!

@yave1964

I seriously thought about going Lunqvist / MAF as my first 2 picks.  However, I saw Seguin sitting there at #12 and then I was able to pick up Sharp.  Thereforewith them being paired together I have a great scoring combo which should get me points.  Good Luck to you also :) ...except when I go against you. ;)

Very kind of you to say, but in the end, the season was a failure.

There is only one team that wins every year.  There are multiple external factors that are beyond your control as a team manager.  Winning is not *always* the only reflection of how good (or bad) of a manager you are.

After a few trades and several waiver pick up I think I am excited about my team to go all the way this year.

G-Holtby

G-Crawford

G-Miller

F-Tarasenko

F-Landeskog

F- Wheeler

F- Pominville

F- Galchenyuk

F- Gallagher

F- Eriksson

F- M. Domi

F- Sutter

F- Lee

F-Eakin

D- Burns

D- Shattenkirk

D- Ekblad

D- Krug

D- S. Jones

D- Ristolainen

D- Garrison

I think this team has the makings of being a champion team.

@Unleashed Fury  That is one hell of a superior defense for fantasy hockey, they are all young with a lot of upside besides Burns and Garrison...and those two are very nice fantasy players, even if they are a bit older. What was your league doing, letting you snag all the great d-men of the league?...lol. Some very nice drafting young lady!

@jammer2 Thanks, I actually got Garrison and Ristolainen off of waivers and traded for Ekblad and S. Jones. I am in a 12 team league and some of the other teams are going to be a challenge to beat, but they're are also a few teams that really drafted ******. I really feel this is the year is the year that I beat these guys. My team has the 2nd most scored points and unless they're injuries to my team I think I am pretty much set.

Archived