Top Defensive Players by Defensive Errors - Leafs Leaders - 2015-2016

WordsOfWisdom

Mar.3: TOR vs MIN

1. Corrado, Hunwick
  2. Komarov, Sparks

Final score: 2-1 MIN.

1: Penalty by Corrado and Hunwick doesn't tie up his man's stick in front of the net. 

2: Penalty by Komarov and a bit of a weak goal allowed by Sparks.

Nothing can stop us now baby! :CelebratingSmiley2:

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, BluPuk said:

LOL. Man, that penalty on Komorov was BRUTAL!!  Can we give a referee an assist? :ermm:

LOL. Unfortunately not.

Don't worry. Soon we'll have video review and a coach's challenge on penalty calls.  :56ce531864bc1_PostAwardsm:

Mar.5: TOR vs OTT

1. Hunwick
  2. Leipsic
  3. Marincin

Final score: 3-2 OTT.

1: Turnover/misplay in front of the net.

2: Turnover along the boards + lost coverage up the middle.

3: Give-away.

Season over for Toronto. Golden dookie awarded! :goodjob:

Mar.7: TOR vs BUF

1. Hunwick, Komarov
  2. Grabner
  3. Rielly
  4. (Shootout)

Final score: 4-3 (SO) BUF.

1: Lost coverage by Hunwick, awful poke check turns Komarov into a pylon.

2: Grabner is caught day-dreaming as Eichel sweeps in and scores.

3: Rielly with a terrible give-away.

:goodjob:

9 hours ago, BluPuk said:

If we're seeing the future in these last few games, it doesn't look very bright....:cry:

Meh, I think they're just outmatched at this point. There is much work to be done. One draft is not going to fix this team, that's for sure. The Leafs are going to need two or three consecutive high first round draft picks to turn this thing around, not to mention some good trades and responsible free agent acquisitions. 

It's easy to tear a team down. Let's see if they can actually build it up into a winner.   :)

Mar.9: TOR vs NYI

1. Kadri
  2. Gardiner, Sparks
  3. Gardiner, Carrick

Final score: 4-3 (SO) TOR.

See? I knew we'd start winning games without Hunwick in the lineup! Dang it!  :purple:

1: Give-away pass by Kadri that Carrick had no chance of receiving.

2: Gardiner is way too deep and offers up no defence here, but Sparks needs to have this one too.

3: Islanders player get behind the defence (Gardiner and Carrick) and is off to a breakaway. 

Soshnikov looks impressive so far. :)

We got bullied last night - and by a lousy team. Right now we are too small, and simply not tough enough. This team has no balls. Oh, and did I mention that we also have no character? We are the laughing stock of the NHL (again). I have no issues with a re-build, but it can be done without losing every game you play. IMHO, Babcock needs to get the whip out after that joke last night. :mad:

12 hours ago, BluPuk said:

We got bullied last night - and by a lousy team. Right now we are too small, and simply not tough enough. This team has no balls. Oh, and did I mention that we also have no character? We are the laughing stock of the NHL (again). I have no issues with a re-build, but it can be done without losing every game you play. IMHO, Babcock needs to get the whip out after that joke last night. :mad:

We're at the point in the season where I'm only watching the highlights/lowlights after the game. The season is lost. I don't sit through and watch the whole game any more, so I can't say whether they were pushed around physically or not. The Leafs have been horrendous since the New Year. The wheels really fell off.

Eyes on the prize: #1 draft pick.    

Just think of the turnover that this roster will experience over the summer. Lots of new faces coming in for next fall. :)

I see what you're saying @WordsOfWisdom, but even with the Leafs finishing 30th, there is an 80% chance that they will not get pick #1.  The freakin Habs could get the first pick. Or New Jersey, or Ottawa or any of the bottom 14 teams. It simply isn't worth the 'effort'. I think they should trade this years' first rounder to Zona for their next two or three first round picks. Zona would dearly love to have Matthews because he's a local kid.

Or I would make such a deal with anyone else who will give us the same return. It's not like this upcoming draft contains a franchise player. I don't particularly want Matthews or Laine or whoever - I want a local boy too. Jacob Chychrun would be my choice - and I still get more first rounders down the road.

I am convinced there is no way in hell we're going to get the no. 1 pick anyway. Leafs luck.....

4 hours ago, BluPuk said:

I see what you're saying @WordsOfWisdom, but even with the Leafs finishing 30th, there is an 80% chance that they will not get pick #1.  The freakin Habs could get the first pick. Or New Jersey, or Ottawa or any of the bottom 14 teams. It simply isn't worth the 'effort'. I think they should trade this years' first rounder to Zona for their next two or three first round picks. Zona would dearly love to have Matthews because he's a local kid.

Or I would make such a deal with anyone else who will give us the same return. It's not like this upcoming draft contains a franchise player. I don't particularly want Matthews or Laine or whoever - I want a local boy too. Jacob Chychrun would be my choice - and I still get more first rounders down the road.

I am convinced there is no way in hell we're going to get the no. 1 pick anyway. Leafs luck.....

I think trading down to get more picks while still grabbing Chycrun would be a good trade for the Leafs. That's a deal that only goes down on Draft Day

4 hours ago, BluPuk said:

• True. The odds of getting #1 are slim. Thank you NHL for changing the system one year too soon. 
  • Think of how many local Toronto kids never get to play for the Leafs. I feel no sympathy for fans in Arizona. 
  • I hope the Leafs draft some defencemen.  

:)

9 hours ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

Another win for Toronto. Feels so weird!  :)

LOL that's certainly true. At least we're getting a good look at the crop on the Marlies. It's been good watching these kids - lots of effort from most of them. Nylander is beginning to look really dangerous. Fingers crossed...... :)

2 hours ago, BluPuk said:

LOL that's certainly true. At least we're getting a good look at the crop on the Marlies. It's been good watching these kids - lots of effort from most of them. Nylander is beginning to look really dangerous. Fingers crossed...... :)

For the first time in ages, it looks like the Leafs have talent with an upside. :)

Mar.17: TOR vs FLA

1. Laich, Smith
  2. Kadri, Bernier
  3. (Empty net.)
  4. (Empty net.)

Final score: 4-1 FLA.

1: Laich with the penalty, Smith with the redirection into his own goal.

2: Kadri with the turnover, and Bernier with the bad goal. (Is Bernier the new king of bad goals?)

LOL, we didn't have any puck luck at all - except bad puck luck. That game was winnable but I guess it's going to be hard to get the vets going when they know they're just playing out the season. The kids will made an effort because this is like an extended try-out for them with real points and stats at stake.

As far as Bernier goes - how can an NHL goalie lose sight of the puck on that play? What the hell was he looking at? Where was he looking? :56ce53d1d6689_IDunnoSmiley:

1 hour ago, BluPuk said:

As far as Bernier goes - how can an NHL goalie lose sight of the puck on that play? What the hell was he looking at? Where was he looking? :56ce53d1d6689_IDunnoSmiley:

He has allowed some goals this season that weren't physically possible: goals that couldn't have been goals without assistance. I'm waiting for someone to skate behind the Leafs net and bank one in off the back of his head. :lol:

Ha ha, I saw that. What it made me think was: "who came up with that stat?" Certainly NOT a Leafs fan. I think if you add up all the Leafs' ages, they are also younger than him. :lol:

Not much doubt they are getting desperate for material on these Leafs broadcasts. Luckily I'm not allowed any input...:P

Archived