The "Crow or Gripe About Your Fantasy Team" Thread: 2015-16 Edition

TropicalFruitGirl26

Arrrgh...

And now Brandon Dubinsky is "Day to day" and is not in the lineup tonight.......and I have been doing SO well staying away from the injury bug in FHL....

As for Calgary at Washington....My number one Braden Holtby (only Cap I have on my team) is sitting, while Grubauer plays.

Oh well...in that case, TJ Brodie, Mark Giordano....light up dem Capitals boys! :P

HA...I'm in the same boat TFG...I have Holtby who is benched tonight...but also have T.J Brodie...so yeah....go Flames go....PLUS, if the back up gets smoked, you might get a few more back to backs as the coach loses faith in him. Only problem with Holtby is the Caps are so damn good at not allowing shots on goal...(1st in shots against) that his save percentage is not as high as you would want. GGA is ok though.

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HA...I'm in the same boat TFG...I have Holtby who is benched tonight...but also have T.J Brodie...so yeah....go Flames go....PLUS, if the back up gets smoked, you might get a few more back to backs as the coach loses faith in him. Only problem with Holtby is the Caps are so damn good at not allowing shots on goal...(1st in shots against) that his save percentage is not as high as you would want. GGA is ok though.

This!!

Glad I am not going insane. Thought it was just me...but was thinking that earlier this season...as in, "How in the blue hell do I have a stud goalie in FHL, he wins games, yet the overall points gained are middling at best?"

Answer: his team doesn't let him face many shots...lol!

Good problem to have on the real team.....a bit problematic for us FHL team owners, no? ;)

@pilldoc

Not as many points as I wanted, but acceptable. Only a 5 point difference going into the big day :)

Odds are, Sunday will not matter, but one of us will have a big night tonight.

Allen is in net tonight according to sources at goaliepost. But Keith is making his return to Chicago!

@J0e Th0rnton

Good Morning Joe... I'll take my 5 point lead and still be grateful.  IMO, I was honestly expecting to be down this morning, so to still be up by 5..I'll take it.  Yup today is gonna pretty much decide the week between you and me.  I use http://www.leftwinglock.com/index.phpfor my info.  They too confrim Allen to be starting.  No confirmation on Lundqvist just yet vs. the Sens.  I'm really hoping he gets the back to back start for me.  Especially considering the Rangers play the Leafs tomorrow. 

You have Dubnyk vs the Stars in a very tough match-up.  Quick should beat the Oilers.  The Stars vs the Wild game is gonna be huge for both of us as we both have several players from those 2 teams.

Gonna be a fun night.  Will check back later.

I think the Oilers win this one. Their power play has been clicking and the kids look like they are gaining confidence by the day.

I hope so! Joe has Quick on his FHL and I am matched up against him this week.

I hope so! Joe has Quick on his FHL and I am matched up against him this week.

We are like 2 points apart right now.

Lehtonen in net for the Stars. Dubnyk for the Wild. Lundqvist and Zibanejad/Yandle kinda cancelled each other out.

Should be a good night of games my friend. Join me in chat for a few hours. Since I work at 5:30AM, I won't be up late, but I'll try to stay up for most of the Sharks/Buffalo game. My retorts to HJ's usual blaming refs and praising his players might be a bit sharp and mean tonight given the day I just had and 4 Smirnoff ice I am currently downing, so keep me in line

tumblr_n8aptxOl5k1qhz95yo1_500.gif

80Bg2KM.gif

JESUS CHRIST. It is 7-0 Nashville and Fisher managed to not get a single point yet. On the bright side, Ehlers and Buff are both -2, depreciating your score.

Score is 146.4 to 140.8 as we speak doc in your favor. This match between Dallas and the Wild has me biting fingernails.

@J0e Th0rnton

I knew benching Marchand and Hanzal was gonna bite me in the ass. (SMH)  Thank God for MacKinnon and his 15 points!  Agree Minn and Dallas has me on pins and needles.  Also Blues down 3-2 to Hawks.  Would really like Allen to pull out the win.  If not I  REALLY NEED Lundqvist to play tomorrow if I want to have a shot at beating you.  Heading to be in a few minutes.  Will catch up with you tomorrow.

@J0e Th0rnton

I knew benching Marchand and Hanzal was gonna bite me in the ass. (SMH)  Thank God for MacKinnon and his 15 points!  Agree Minn and Dallas has me on pins and needles.  Also Blues down 3-2 to Hawks.  Would really like Allen to pull out the win.  If not I  REALLY NEED Lundqvist to play tomorrow if I want to have a shot at beating you.  Heading to be in a few minutes.  Will catch up with you tomorrow.

Lundqvist is not playing tomorrow, according to goaliepost anyways.

But a few quick goals by Dallas could turn me inside out. They are on the PP now

@J0e Th0rnton

Just saw that the Stars scored.  Yeah accorinding to http://leftwinglock.com/starting-goalies/index.php?date=2015-11-15, looks like Raanta is starting for Rangers.  If that is the case I need the Stars to win and the Blues to win.  I want as many points as possible seperating us tomorrow to act as my cushion.

Ugh. Seguin to Klingberg for the OT winner. Not only denied Dubnyk the 5 points for the win, but scored you 7 points.

You now lead 159.4 to 144.1.

I need Quick and Carter to stand and deliver! Currently 2-0 kings

15 points is not insurmountable. Especially with 4 skaters tomorrow. But none of the 4 tomorrow are my superstars, so a Win from Quick tonight with some Carter points will make me feel better when I WAKE UP

Good Morning @J0e Th0rnton!

You have it in the bag barring an absolutely major collapse tonight.  All you need is 4.6 points.  You should be able to get that.  Kings scored with around 90 seconds left in game to pull out a victory and save your bacon.  It stinks that the Rangers are not playing Lunqvist on back to back games...I could really use him today.  Oh well it was a good match.  Winnepeg did me in yesterday with their horrible showing. Errrr.  Have a good day. :)

Crow:

Entering the final day of the week's match up trailing by 18 points.

My three skaters, Dan Girardi, Mark Giordano, and TJ Brodie, against my opponent's two, Patrick Kane and Kevin Hayes.

So far, Dan Girardi has had a big day for me and Mark Giordano and TJ Brodie have had decent goes with peripheral stats...and I cut that lead down to 10 points, aided by my opponent's struggles...Kane is -1 with just a single shot on goal, while Kevin Hayes is also -1 with just 2 SOG.

Gripe:

Rangers-Leafs game is almost over, so production by Girardi, barring a big goal or assist, will soon come to an end....leaving me with the offensively gifted, but defensively challenged Giordano and Brodie to contend with Patrick Kane...who go go OFF against Calgary at any moment.

Only way I can pull a win from defeat here is if Kane stays quiet and Brodie and Giordano grab a pair of goals with an assist by at least one of them...all without taking minuses....

Archived