Mason

King Knut

Because Homer ran the team like he was checking his Fantasy roster.

He really wasn't as "bad" as people like to remember, but he was never the "great" goalie they needed.

I still maintain that the HBO24/7 killed Bryzgalov in Philadelphia. Without all the "humongous big" quotes floating around, his experience might have been significantly different.

That said, he was never worth the deal Homer gave him.

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

That might be, but I remember an interview with him shortly after he signed our deal... His most pressing order of business was shopping for a Ferrari Italia. Good taste on the car, but I remember feeling it was in poor taste to be in an interview about your new deal and speaking about Ferrari shopping. I think he may have also been killed by the F you money he received. Ironically... he essentially gave us the big F you. 

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For all Philly fans: Neuvirth with back to back shutouts. He couldn't be hotter right now. Maybe just Martin Jones of San Jose is a hotter goalie right now. So next Flyers game does the coach stay with the hot hand in goal with Neuvirth or go back to Mason the #1 goalie who has not be very good so far?

For all Philly fans: Neuvirth with back to back shutouts. He couldn't be hotter right now. Maybe just Martin Jones of San Jose is a hotter goalie right now. So next Flyers game does the coach stay with the hot hand in goal with Neuvirth or go back to Mason the #1 goalie who has not be very good so far?

Stay with the exact same line up.

This isn't even up for debate. Mason is the starter and he isn't going to be benched at this point in the season.

As an aside, if Neuvirth was quoted accurately it appears something really bad happened to Mason. You aren't "really sad" for a teammate because his son has the flu or even because his grandmother died.

Mason is the starter and he isn't going to be benched at this point in the season.

I agree he is the starter but if he comes back and is ready i would still go with the hot hand...he'll get back in soon i think a back to back is coming up so let him get get the 2nd game. I would touch and winning roster Flyers need to build a lead.

I agree he is the starter but if he comes back and is ready i would still go with the hot hand...he'll get back in soon i think a back to back is coming up so let him get get the 2nd game. I would touch and winning roster Flyers need to build a lead.

I can't see them starting Neuvirth after the 5 day break, shut outs or no.

Given that it's a back-to-back I might see Neuvirth in the first game - figuring he's "hot hand" and likely to get one anyway.

But I definitely think it will be Mason against the Rangers on the 24th - if he's ready to go.

He can have the 2nd it's versus Boston anyways. It will be ok to give him that game he'll understand if he is a team player which i think he is.

So you would rather see Mason in there after a 9 or 10 day break? Neuvirth has the hot hand. You play him until he doesn't no matter how many days off between games.

I'm not sure why we're talking about a 10 day break; I think I read they have 5 days off. After 5 days, no one has the so called hot hand. I don't think you start the backup after 5 days and I think Hakstol will start Mason because he's the starter.

So you would rather see Mason in there after a 9 or 10 day break? Neuvirth has the hot hand. You play him until he doesn't no matter how many days off between games.

I'm not sure why we're talking about a 10 day break; I think I read they have 5 days off. After 5 days, no one has the so called hot hand. I don't think you start the backup after 5 days and I think Hakstol will start Mason because he's the starter.

Because Mason hasn't played since game #2, on the 10th of Oct.  The next game isn't until the 20th.  That's the 10 days.

If I was the coach, Neuvirth has earned the net until he no longer has a hot hand.  I would even play him in the back to back games.  It's early in the season and he'll have plenty of time to rest whenever he goes back to being Mason's back up.

Mason has earned a back seat to Neuvirth? After he carried the team last year, established himself as the starter and posted impressive stats? I don't think so.

Mason has earned a back seat to Neuvirth? After he carried the team last year, established himself as the starter and posted impressive stats? I don't think so.

That's not what I said.  Mason is the #1 and will remain the #1.  Neuvirth has a hot hand and should play as long as he has the hot hand.

Archived