Became a Supporting Member Today

SpikeDDS

I've been on this forum for a while now. I really do enjoy it. But I forgot that I should support it. I never have before, probably because--somewhat to his credit--HF101 doesn't remind us very often to support the forum.

I appreciate that there are no ads, and I appreciate the conversations. It's well worth $10 per year. I just never really gave it much thought.

I gave my $10 annual support today, and I would encourage everyone who has not done so who has been on here longer than a year to consider giving to the cause. You don't even have to wait for the first year to be over if you like what you are getting.

And no, HF did not offer to give me a free beer for saying something. I'm doing it of my own free will, hoping that those who created and run the forum will be able to at least get a cheeseburger and fries with my money, and maybe even a steak dinner if a few more contribute.

Thanks for a great forum.

P.S. There should probably be a very occasional mention to support the forum. It's not wrong to ask for a little support. This is worth my $10 and then some. Just my $.02, for a total of $10.02.  :P

I've been on this forum for a while now. I really do enjoy it. But I forgot that I should support it. I never have before, probably because--somewhat to his credit--HF101 doesn't remind us very often to support the forum.

I appreciate that there are no ads, and I appreciate the conversations. It's well worth $10 per year. I just never really gave it much thought.

I gave my $10 annual support today, and I would encourage everyone who has not done so who has been on here longer than a year to consider giving to the cause. You don't even have to wait for the first year to be over if you like what you are getting.

And no, HF did not offer to give me a free beer for saying something. I'm doing it of my own free will, hoping that those who created and run the forum will be able to at least get a cheeseburger and fries with my money, and maybe even a steak dinner if a few more contribute.

Thanks for a great forum.

P.S. There should probably be a very occasional mention to support the forum. It's not wrong to ask for a little support. This is worth my $10 and then some. Just my $.02, for a total of $10.02.  :P

Thank You Spike, and all of the others who have chosen to support this site.

The donations really do go towards monthly hosting fees and software support.   :)    

What also helps make this place a great forum are the dedicated members who contribute here in topic and post content regularly.  This place is quite entertaining.  I think we are finely up to an average of 100 members a day logging into the site and we are getting more an more new active members joining in on a regular basis.  --  this is fun  :D

As far as actively advertising for support for the site, I do gently advertise it in every post I make in my sig.  Anyone can post something similar if they so desire. 

The next major software upgrade (warning - coming in 2016) will definitely give us more options to creating a really cool site.  We will be able to advertise site stuff in side blocks for a specific cause as this new software is template / block based.   ( for example  we maybe able to ad to the site a NHL scoreboard.  We used to get the NHL's scores free with a RSS feed.  There aren't any that exist anymore which is why there isn't one this year for those who have noticed.  The cheapest scoreboard option I've found is about $30 per month and if we wanted one for the site, we could try to raise $360.00 / year via a specific sidebar donation block of it's own -- or not, as it is a commitment to a lot of money)  But anyway that is just an example of some of the versatility we will have with the next software upgrade.

Anyway more on the site upgrade as it gets closer to the time it happens.  

And yes J0e, after the next upgrade I'll look at being able to donate with a credit card.   ;)

Thank You Spike, and all of the others who have chosen to support this site.

The donations really do go towards monthly hosting fees and software support.   :)    

What also helps make this place a great forum are the dedicated members who contribute here in topic and post content regularly.  This place is quite entertaining.  I think we are finely up to an average of 100 members a day logging into the site and we are getting more an more new active members joining in on a regular basis.  --  this is fun  :D

As far as actively advertising for support for the site, I do gently advertise it in every post I make in my sig.  Anyone can post something similar if they so desire. 

The next major software upgrade (warning - coming in 2016) will definitely give us more options to creating a really cool site.  We will be able to advertise site stuff in side blocks for a specific cause as this new software is template / block based.   ( for example  we maybe able to ad to the site a NHL scoreboard.  We used to get the NHL's scores free with a RSS feed.  There aren't any that exist anymore which is why there isn't one this year for those who have noticed.  The cheapest scoreboard option I've found is about $30 per month and if we wanted one for the site, we could try to raise $360.00 / year via a specific sidebar donation block of it's own -- or not, as it is a commitment to a lot of money)  But anyway that is just an example of some of the versatility we will have with the next software upgrade.

Anyway more on the site upgrade as it gets closer to the time it happens.  

And yes J0e, after the next upgrade I'll look at being able to donate with a credit card.   ;)

If you would do interac email money transfers, that would work too lol.

Archived