D pairs

Jmdodgesrt4

My biggest concern with this group because we always hear when the kids arrive they will be better...but who is going to lead them??

Who is going to be the Kimmo Timonen of the group when they need guidance and leadership. He isn't on this team yet that is for sure. 

I think the Flyer need to spend some assets (for example Simmer, Streit, Read, Brayden or Luke and picks or something) to acquire this shepherd of the defensive corp of the future before they start to pure in.

They need to find their leader of the future and he needs to be in place soon. So who would this be who would you target to lead the kids of the future??

im not sure. I think we need to have one young player in the lineup next year. That prolly being ghost. However I wouldn't be aposed to two few time on roster. So I would have to have four dmen to play full time and one vet to be the spare. So gudas is a keeper. Is Shultz for one more year? Maybe. Medvedov not sold on to commit more years. One more ? Prolly. So I'd go digging in the vet free agent market to fill the holes for one or max two years and or pick up a chara like player with a toxic contract for a few years who has leadership qualities but his career is about done. I'm not saying chara but it's an example. This team will not compete until after the following season. So I'd ice a competitive team with the look towards three years from now.

im not sure. I think we need to have one young player in the lineup next year. That prolly being ghost. However I wouldn't be aposed to two few time on roster. So I would have to have four dmen to play full time and one vet to be the spare. So gudas is a keeper. Is Shultz for one more year? Maybe. Medvedov not sold on to commit more years. One more ? Prolly. So I'd go digging in the vet free agent market to fill the holes for one or max two years and or pick up a chara like player with a toxic contract for a few years who has leadership qualities but his career is about done. I'm not saying chara but it's an example. This team will not compete until after the following season. So I'd ice a competitive team with the look towards three years from now.

I'd move forward as so...

MDZ-????

MDV-????

????-Gudas

-------------------------

That would mean trade Streit before or at the deadline.

That means trade Luke before or at the deadline.

That means trade Schultz before or at the deadline.

I would acquire by either trade or sign a vet for the future for the blueline.

After making a the trade of the guys mentioned above i would call up some of the kids to get a better idea of how much maybe they can help going into next year to see if another route needs to be taken or can the kids like Alt, Hagg and maybe Ghost fill those spots next year.

Manning is a young d- man...

What are you going to do when they bring up more young d-man ????

He needs to play ... ... if not trade all the kids down in the A .

Manning is the first to come up...

Manning is garbage and can rot in the AHL....he can not help, Flyers need someone who can play in his own zone...he can't period.

Just check his -71 in the AHL. All that needs to be said waive him and send him packing.

Now see where some other the others kids are can they help.

Dear god no....

Manning is a career AHLer and that is it.

Manning is garbage.

The rest of your post makes no sense 

Manning? Wtf. Why would he be even included in the young players playing ? He should never step foot on the ice again for the Flyers. Stick a fork in him. He's done.

Exactly. Not sure but maybe Slot has bumped his head or something but the kid is not NHL material send him packing i've seen enough.

I'd rather have Gus than Manning.

My biggest concern with this group because we always hear when the kids arrive they will be better...but who is going to lead them??

Who is going to be the Kimmo Timonen of the group when they need guidance and leadership. He isn't on this team yet that is for sure.

I think the Flyer need to spend some assets (for example Simmer, Streit, Read, Brayden or Luke and picks or something) to acquire this shepherd of the defensive corp of the future before they start to pure in.

They need to find their leader of the future and he needs to be in place soon. So who would this be who would you target to lead the kids of the future??

This is a legitimate concern.

Archived