Going forward Del Zotto, Gudas and Luke Schenn ?

mojo1917

Then again, people were screaming for Carle's head, comparing him to a road cone and now they wish they kept him.

Don't look now, but Matt Carle has played in 20 games....he has 0 points to show for it. He's a plus 1....no physical presence at all....prone to brain cramps....and on pace for...0 pts. There are a LOT better ways to spend 5 mill in my book.

Don't look now, but Matt Carle has played in 20 games....he has 0 points to show for it. He's a plus 1....no physical presence at all....prone to brain cramps....and on pace for...0 pts. There are a LOT better ways to spend 5 mill in my book.

And yet i'd still trade Mcdud for him in a heartbeat!!!!

I think Mojo's original post says it very well, LSchenn could be the "veteran presence" who helps the younger guys adjust to NHL life. To really judge a thing like that though you need to be with the team, see how he interacts, etc. As fans we just can't know whether somebody's a good leader or a valuable role model.

Going strictly by on-the-ice there's better options out there but they'll cost more. LSchenn's current $3.6 is very reasonable a bargain. Unless the Flyers offer him $5mil/year he'll test the market and I won't be surprised if he ultimately gets $5mil/year. I just don't like him with the Flyers. He's not fast enough (skating or decision-making) for Hak's system and he doesn't intimidate the opposition enough in front of Mason. He's far from useless but the Flyers will be better off w/out him.

As fans we just can't know whether somebody's a good leader or a valuable role model.

Yes, fans don't know the nuances of the team dynamic, who is selfish, who gives and keeps on giving. We can pretend to know, but unless you are on that bench or in the locker room, we are on the outside looking in. Even the beat writers are guessing.

We all know that Hamonic wants out of NYI for personal reasons, I wonder if somehow the Flyers could get in on the fun, perhaps make it a 3 way deal. The Flyers are as far away as Brooklyn, but I wonder if some creative trading could allow the Flyers to drop some dead weight. I don't think Garth Snow would ever deal Travis in the division, but a 3 way trade could be possible.

Archived