ESPN Bantam "A" League Discussion

pilldoc

@pilldoc

I have a question regarding our Bantam league...and maybe once confirmed here, one of us should make an announcment on the ESPN page for non HF.net members in case they were wondering:

I noticed on the matchup scheduling that after this week's matches are over with (Sunday), the next matchup period covers TWO weeks instead of the usual one week.

I know that is due to the All Star Break, but my question is, am I to understand that once we make our lineups this coming Monday, that we will have to STAY with that lineup (lineups 'lock' for the duration of the matchup of course) for not only that week, but for whatever games take place just before the All Star Break?

In other words, even though more games will be taking place within that matchup period (more like 1.5 weeks vs 1 week normal), there will NOT be any breaks after that Sunday's games to make lineup changes for the remaining games on Mon, Tues, Wed before the ASB.

So that entire period (10 days) gets treated like the usual 7 day period with regards to lineups set, correct?

Sorry if the question seems dumb, but I just want to make sure, as my decisions made this coming Sunday after my current matchup will depend on it.

And again, it may be a good idea to place a reminder of the scheudle quirk on the ESPN Bantam home page for non HF.net members.

Thanks Doc.

2 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

@pilldoc

I have a question regarding our Bantam league...and maybe once confirmed here, one of us should make an announcment on the ESPN page for non HF.net members in case they were wondering:

I noticed on the matchup scheduling that after this week's matches are over with (Sunday), the next matchup period covers TWO weeks instead of the usual one week.

I know that is due to the All Star Break, but my question is, am I to understand that once we make our lineups this coming Monday, that we will have to STAY with that lineup (lineups 'lock' for the duration of the matchup of course) for not only that week, but for whatever games take place just before the All Star Break?

In other words, even though more games will be taking place within that matchup period (more like 1.5 weeks vs 1 week normal), there will NOT be any breaks after that Sunday's games to make lineup changes for the remaining games on Mon, Tues, Wed before the ASB.

So that entire period (10 days) gets treated like the usual 7 day period with regards to lineups set, correct?

Sorry if the question seems dumb, but I just want to make sure, as my decisions made this coming Sunday after my current matchup will depend on it.

And again, it may be a good idea to place a reminder of the scheudle quirk on the ESPN Bantam home page for non HF.net members.

Thanks Doc.

Its a good question. I do believe, yes, you are stuck with that lineup for 2 weeks.

@J0e Th0rnton

@TropicalFruitGirl26

You are both correct.  I noticed that too.  Instead of having a very short week like we did last year in the CBS Fantasy League (which was ridiculous IMO), ESPN is going to treat the All Star Break as 2 weeks.  And yes...like any other week once the line-ups are locked, no changes will be permitted for the next 2 weeks.  Will require some hard decisions to be made for the GM's and careful planning.  It certainly make life interesting. ;)

By the way ...congrats @TropicalFruitGirl26 for having a great week and beating me last week.   I thought I could have pulled it out but I guess it was not meant to be.

Thanks

@J0e Th0rnton

@pilldoc

Will be making lineup decisions based on 10 days instead of 7 then.

And thank you, Doc. It was a close match most of the week. We traded blowouts on a few occasions, but that 50+ point day near the end of the week put me over the top. Zach Parise just went off, while Braden Holtby won me three games that week. Sure helped as all I had to do was hang in there on that Sunday!

Oh, and Doc, I took the liberty of putting out a reminder for the rest of the Bantam GM's on the main ESPN page, for those who hadn't noticed the schedule quirk.

4 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Oh, and Doc, I took the liberty of putting out a reminder for the rest of the Bantam GM's on the main ESPN page, for those who hadn't noticed the schedule quirk.

thank you!  Much appreciate it.  And yes....Holtby has been a god send for both you and HF.  i have lost to both of you because Holtby is hot right now and Lundqvist and the Rangers decided to nose dive right now.  Hopefully Sir Henry can rebound in the 2nd half of the season or it it is gonna be a struggle for me to win on a weekly basis.

18 hours ago, pilldoc said:

thank you!  Much appreciate it.  And yes....Holtby has been a god send for both you and HF.  i have lost to both of you because Holtby is hot right now and Lundqvist and the Rangers decided to nose dive right now.  Hopefully Sir Henry can rebound in the 2nd half of the season or it it is gonna be a struggle for me to win on a weekly basis.

I have this terrible feeling when I am seeing Lundqvist and Rinne lately. Any other year they were absolute locks to be top Goalies, and even when they had a bad patch, you usually saw it over within a month.

But Rinne faded down the stretch last year, and started this year slow and hit a dogcrap last month and a half. Lundqvist's team usually plays rock solid defense, and you saw it in his and Talbot's numbers. Talbot on the Oilers has been disappointing thus far, but he has hit a decent patch lately. But NYR have not been playing well defensively and neither has Lundqvist.

40+ games of Rinne playing like this after his bad end to last year was enough to finally lower my price a bit in NAHANA and settle for another very good goalie. Bishop is solid and although I am ambivalent over the fact that Stamkos' contract might mess with it, and that he has a solid highly touted 1st round pick goalie behind him. Since I also have Hellboy and Talbot, if anything bad happens between now and when we select our keepers, I feel covered lol.

I have a suspicion that RNH might be traded for a Defenseman when McDavid comes back from Injury. Draisaitl has just been rock solid. So Talbot MIGHT suddenly be on a stronger team. Hellboy of course, I have loved since I first saw him and snagged him before he played a single game in my work league.

• 3 weeks later...

I've mentioned this a few times already in the chat box and in game chat, but it's SHOWDOWN week between myself and @FD19372   as we are matched up against each other this week, both at 10-6 ( @teenagemutantninjahertl is at 10-6 as well), and all three of us chasing both Bambi and Reedy Creek, who each have 13 and 12 wins respectively.

FD and I traded leads yesterday a BUNCH of times, though I ultimately ended up with the 39.9 - 28.6 lead at the end of the night.

This matchup is FAR from over, as FD has some very good forwards in his arsenal...and I was lucky enough that his Alex Ovechkin is DTD right now and didn't play yesterday...of course, HE may be lucky my Shea Theodore got sent down in favor of Cam Fowler (dumb arse Ducks...lol), AND that Brayden Holtby didn't play yesterday either.

Either way, looking forward to a real tooth n nail type fight between myself and FD ALL WEEK LONG!

Fortunately, I did my due diligence prior to this matchup knowing full well I would be going up against a GM who had previously defeated me earlier this season, and I feel (the Shea Theodore move aside), I have put out a good enough team to match him!

And HOPEFULLY, @pilldoc and his Bantam A team can help the cause (and his own quest to make the playoffs), by taking down the other 10-6 team, in NinjaHertl.

Good luck all around boys.....just not TOO much....hehe.

12 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

And HOPEFULLY, @pilldoc and his Bantam A team can help the cause (and his own quest to make the playoffs), by taking down the other 10-6 team, in NinjaHe

Well I am not gonna go down without a fight.  I am currently up by 1.9 points.  Hopefully I can have a good run and take down one of the big dogs.  I currently sit 7th in the playoff seeding.  Sadly it may come down to the wire and I don't have anyone playing on Sunday where as he has 4 players.  I need to be up big time come Saturday night.

13 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

Well I am not gonna go down without a fight.  I am currently up by 1.9 points.  Hopefully I can have a good run and take down one of the big dogs.  I currently sit 7th in the playoff seeding.  Sadly it may come down to the wire and I don't have anyone playing on Sunday where as he has 4 players.  I need to be up big time come Saturday night.

Well, Doc, one thing you have going for you is schedule.

Not gonna call anyone an "easy" match, but looking at your weeks ahead, you have Amputators and Baker (both well under .500), then you play teams like Dumpster Fire, Gordon, and Leafs Nation, all of whom you are jockeying for position with, and thus control your own destiny for the most part.

On 2/3/2016 at 3:15 PM, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

I've mentioned this a few times already in the chat box and in game chat, but it's SHOWDOWN week between myself and @FD19372   as we are matched up against each other this week, both at 10-6 ( @teenagemutantninjahertl is at 10-6 as well), and all three of us chasing both Bambi and Reedy Creek, who each have 13 and 12 wins respectively.

FD and I traded leads yesterday a BUNCH of times, though I ultimately ended up with the 39.9 - 28.6 lead at the end of the night.

This matchup is FAR from over, as FD has some very good forwards in his arsenal...and I was lucky enough that his Alex Ovechkin is DTD right now and didn't play yesterday...of course, HE may be lucky my Shea Theodore got sent down in favor of Cam Fowler (dumb arse Ducks...lol), AND that Brayden Holtby didn't play yesterday either.

Either way, looking forward to a real tooth n nail type fight between myself and FD ALL WEEK LONG!

Fortunately, I did my due diligence prior to this matchup knowing full well I would be going up against a GM who had previously defeated me earlier this season, and I feel (the Shea Theodore move aside), I have put out a good enough team to match him!

And HOPEFULLY, @pilldoc and his Bantam A team can help the cause (and his own quest to make the playoffs), by taking down the other 10-6 team, in NinjaHertl.

Good luck all around boys.....just not TOO much....hehe.

That's it after this past week TFG26, I'm not playing against your team anymore. ;  )

On 2/3/2016 at 3:15 PM, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

I tried my best, but came up very short.  Of course it does not help when he picks up Simmonds and Simmonds goes on a tear despite what happened over the weekend,

Archived