Lehner will startin goal vs Boston tonight

Buffalo Rick

39 minutes ago, radoran said:

You need to beg Vancouver to trade him to Buffalo. He's under contract next season.

It probably would not take too much begging Vancouver to trade him, maybe a used Zamboni with a hole in the exhaust. About to be run out of town by Markstrom who is average at best.

As for Lehner, I said it at the time and stick too it, the trade for Lehner was the worst move of the offseason. A first rounder for a backup goalie with a .375 career winning percentage. Just a dreadful trade.Dont expect too much from Lehner and you wont be let down.

I actually have a favorite Lehner story.

One of his first starts was against the Wings, he went sent a puck to the Wings locker room asking for autographs from the Swedes on the Wings. That night Franzen had his career game, 5 goals in one game simply destroying the poor kid. Whether true or not I have read it several places and the Wings announcers still joke about it when the Wings face him Franzen sent a puck to the Ottawa clubhouse from one of the goals and asked Lehner to sign it. It has been that kind of career for Lehner.

I really don't think Miller is the source of Vancouver's problems.

Markstrom has slightly better numbers, but is still 6-5-4.

Still, blame the goalie. I mean, it was Luongo. And then Lack. And now Miller.

Certainly the goalie's fault...

I still say Linus Ullmark may be the best of three goalies Buffalo has, but Linus CLEARLY was not NHL ready just yet.

Being sent back to the AHL to continue to simmer while Lehner and Chad Johnson take the bumps on the head that is playing for Buffalo in the NHL is the best thing for Linus right now.

Now, as for Lehner, this is his opportunity to show he was more than he showed with Ottawa. Chad Johnson is a career backup (a good one, but a backup nonetheless), and the Sabres realistically aren't making the playoffs, so Buffalo can use the rest of this season to see what they really have in Robin Lehner.

I just hope that if Lehner struggles as well, they don't push the panic button (again, not really going anywhere, so not really much to panic over, IMO), and bring Linus back up to the stew that is the Buffalo Sabres right now.

Leave Linus alone in the AHL, let him learn to be a more rounded pro down there, then see what he has next year, while Lehner and Chad Johnson figure out who tries to stabilize the Sabres at the NHL level from now till Game 82.

28 minutes ago, radoran said:

I really don't think Miller is the source of Vancouver's problems.

Markstrom has slightly better numbers, but is still 6-5-4.

Still, blame the goalie. I mean, it was Luongo. And then Lack. And now Miller.

Certainly the goalie's fault...

Okay, so Miller is not the problem, I do agree. Vancouvers problems go back to Burke and beyond.

But he certainly is not the solution either.

36 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

Okay, so Miller is not the problem, I do agree. Vancouvers problems go back to Burke and beyond.

But he certainly is not the solution either.

I don't think any goalie is "the solution" in Vancouver.

Unless you use the Western Canadian spelling of "solution": "scapegoat"

:w00t:

I will be watching the start of this game to see how Lehner looks.

Bolts n Pens and Jets-Wild are center stage for me tonight, but Buf-Bos with Lehner in net will be a good appetizer.

The Sabres with stability in net (as well as consistent scoring) should rise in the standings. Buffalo bet that Lehner would be the guy to be just that for them, we will see how he looks vs the B's tonight. Oh, and yea, I DO have Ryan Spooner on my FHL team, so there is that as well....hehe

Archived