How many would OV score if he were on your team?

BluPuk

Lots of talk around the hockey world about OV's 500th. It got me to wondering how much of what OV has done is due to his talent and how much is due to his support system - coaching, teammates, etc.

I figure if OV played for the Leafs, he would score close to as many as he does playing in Washington, but a few less. Imagine if he played for Chicago or LA..... the mind boggles. 

14 hours ago, BluPuk said:

Lots of talk around the hockey world about OV's 500th. It got me to wondering how much of what OV has done is due to his talent and how much is due to his support system - coaching, teammates, etc.

I figure if OV played for the Leafs, he would score close to as many as he does playing in Washington, but a few less. Imagine if he played for Chicago or LA..... the mind boggles. 

In his first years he proved himself capable of reaching 50 goals with an abysmal team. Before Backstrom and Holtby were in Washington.

Since then, has scored 50 or more goals almost every year. Regardless of coaching, competent linemates or an adequate system implemented. He would still be the greatest goal scorer of his generation.

Archived