Jets resign Byfuglien. 5 Year, 38 mil, $7.6 per season

J0e Th0rnton

2 hours ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

One rumor that has me all ears is Trouba.

Apparently he wants a big raise, and they are going with Myers/Buff as their top 2 D, so they may shop him

These rumours about Trouba persist, but iv find it hard to believe they would be "shopping" him. I could see teams asking about him though.

7 hours ago, flyerrod said:

I think this is going to be a bad signing for the Jets.Not this year or even the next but the last 3 years of his contract will be heinous........:ermm:

Maybe. It depends. The terms of the contract are said to be a full NMC for the first 2 years only, then "shifts to a modified no-trade clause for the final three years."  

Don't get me wrong, the thought of a 34-35 Buff worries me, but I'm starting to think that he could play late into his 30s, which is counter-intuitive to most thinking on him, given his size and the way he plays. Two things about him that people may not realize fully: 1) he loves to come to the rink, loves the game (like, really he does); 2) he sees the ice as good as anybody I've recently seen. It's actually pretty special. The truth is, many hockey players don't see the ice well at all. Buff's vision is all world. I think this could allow him to play a long time.

1 hour ago, Podein25 said:

I'm starting to think that he could play late into his 30s, which is counter-intuitive to most thinking on him, given his size and the way he plays.

As a "heavier" individual myself( Not Fat Bastard size yet but closing in), The toll your extra weight takes on your knees is debilitating. That is going to be Buff's biggest battle, Corey Simon Syndrome. His stats back up his skills currently, I just think he is going to get too comfortable as his time with the Jets moves along......

CoreySimon.jpg

1 minute ago, flyerrod said:

That is going to be Buff's biggest battle,

Yeah probably. I think he has to get leaner and I think he will as he learns that he has no choice. He has to choose between food and hockey, lol.

Archived