Farewell Mike Weber and good luck!

Buffalo Rick

Mike Weber being picked up by the Capitals to me is a bit shocking   They no doubt want his experience and grit.  I have often given it to him over the years and I think deservedly so except for this year as he is the only player in the plus side on the plus minus stats.  He has a shot at the grand trophy.  Its strange how sports work these days.  I actually had him rated as our worst starter at the years start.  He played surprisingly well, yet he is no Rasmus Ristolainen.  But he is going to get his shot at the Cup this year.  Believe it, you had best believe it because Ovetchkin is on a mission to destroy.  And I do not think he can be stopped.  Thanks for the kind parting words and we wish you the best now that you will no longer wear the blue and gold

My friends in Springville would need to get new jerseys if their last name wasn't "Weber" :)

Nice pickup for a 28-year-old impending UFA that likely wasn't in the long term (or short term) plans for the organization.

And they retained half salary - not that most teams wouldn't give up $833K in cap space for a third round pick at the deadline...

23 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Rad, you have to be the only person on Earth that is a Flyer fan and Buffalo is your second favorite team?  Incredible.  We hate the Flyers.  And Montreal and Ottawa.  I just cannot believe it.  You must be young?  

Did you miss the few years rad was living in Buffalo and was indoctrinated as a fan?

1 hour ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Rad, you have to be the only person on Earth that is a Flyer fan and Buffalo is your second favorite team?  Incredible.  We hate the Flyers.  And Montreal and Ottawa.  I just cannot believe it.  You must be young?  

I had a great time in Buffalo and have many good friends from there.

I'll be spending St. Paddy's day in south Buffalo this year. 

I root for the Sabres unless they're playing the Flyers.

That said, I loved wearing my Flyers gear around town. People would just stop, stare and say "what's with the hat?"

12 minutes ago, radoran said:

I had a great time in Buffalo and have many good friends from there.

I'll be spending St. Paddy's day in south Buffalo this year. 

I root for the Sabres unless they're playing the Flyers.

That said, I loved wearing my Flyers gear around town. People would just stop, stare and say "what's with the hat?"

I'll have to do that next time I'm up to visit my family.

Archived