What will the off season bring?

Jam1986

Many questions Who stays?Who goes? Expansion draft who would not be protected? Will Schenn get the Big payday? What player who gets traded is a big surprise? What young one makes the team? Who do we draft? Will Hexy stay the course? Anymore NMC OR NTC? What do you guys  think know it's far off but off season start before the playoffs. Will The Flyers and Pathoms play the same system?

White intimated at exits today that he wasn't interested in testing free agency. Schenn wants a long-term deal -I'd expect something in the 4.5-5 range. Gagner says he likes it here, but admits he might not fit Hexy's plans. Umberger expects to be bought out.

Expansion won't come until next offseason. Given the proposed rules, I'd prefer two teams at once.

I liked seeing that quote from White and Schenn.  

I like those players.

Heck I even like the quote from Gagner, seems like we have a good locker room/organization.  

We do need to add some more talent to the roster if we can push guys like Raffl down in the lineup that is a good thing, I like Michael, I think he's an ideal 3rd line player who can scale up in a pinch, i don't think he's top six material at least for any extended period of time.  If we can get a couple of bonafied top six players through trades or free agency I think we'll be pretty good and fun to watch next year. 

13 hours ago, Jam1986 said:

Many questions Who stays?Who goes? Expansion draft who would not be protected? Will Schenn get the Big payday? What player who gets traded is a big surprise? What young one makes the team? Who do we draft? Will Hexy stay the course? Anymore NMC OR NTC? What do you guys  think know it's far off but off season start before the playoffs. Will The Flyers and Pathoms play the same system?

They need hands up front.  The D is coming up through the system and actually the D they have now did not fail them this year.  It was the offense that was limp and lifeless.

They need someone who can take a pass and hit a corner.  I think Konecny will be on the team (if healthy) in October, but I think they need to find someone else in FA.

Gagner has certainly earned some consideration, but at the cost there might be better skilled players out there.  

The D isn't going to change much IMHO.  Maybe someone goes for Streit now in a deal for a pick, but I don't see them fishing in FA much for a D man with the crop they have in the system looking to make lineup threats next season.  

They need crisper passing and they need guys who can take a pass without juggling it.  After that they need to be able to shoot accurately and at least generate rebounds if not goals off the initial shots.  

That's all. ;)

For What its worth, my Season Ticket Rep told me today that he absolutely thinks they are going to make some moves in free agency this summer.  I have found that he is not always right but his track record over the long haul shows that he does seem to have his hand of the pulse of what is going on with the team behind the scenes.

Archived