We actually won something!!

BluPuk

How about that! The worm has turned! The hockey gods look on us with favor. Our **** don't stink......

Just about 12 months too late, unfortunately...;)

Congrats on winning the Draft Lottery.  :mapleleafs:

The Marlies aren't doing too bad either.  

Matthews said -  "It's the hockey mecca of the world."  "They have one of the best coaches in the league and it's a very exciting place to play. Their fans are very passionate and I think everybody really enjoys watching them play."

4 hours ago, hf101 said:

Matthews said -  "It's the hockey mecca of the world."  "They have one of the best coaches in the league and it's a very exciting place to play. Their fans are very passionate and I think everybody really enjoys watching them play."

Jeeze he must have pulled those out of the book of overused, stale, hackneyed phrases to come up with those....

As I have said before, this kid is a totally unproven prospect. He spent his hockey career so far avoiding all top level opposition. No OHL, no U.S. college hockey even. He is currently playing in the Swiss "elite" league. Now, there's a tough test for ya (sarcasm).

11 minutes ago, BluPuk said:

Jeeze he must have pulled those out of the book of overused, stale, hackneyed phrases to come up with those....

As I have said before, this kid is a totally unproven prospect. He spent his hockey career so far avoiding all top level opposition. No OHL, no U.S. college hockey even. He is currently playing in the Swiss "elite" league. Now, there's a tough test for ya (sarcasm).

Ah, I wouldn't say he is unproven by any means.  The OHL isn't everything.  

matthews stats.gif

source

In his second season with the U.S. National U18 Team (USDP), Matthews finished first in league scoring with 116 points (55 goals, 61 assists), breaking the National Team Development Program record of 102, set by Chicago Blackhawks star Patrick Kane in 2005–06 and besting Buffalo Sabres' Jack Eichel by 29 points. 

On 01/05/2016 at 8:45 AM, hf101 said:

You know, if you couldn't go to your home state of Arizona, Toronto is probably the next best place. He can be the biggest star on hockey's biggest stage if all goes well. :)

That's what bothers me @WordsOfWisdom, he will be a huge focus whether he is a star or not. Maybe 50 years of failures have jaded my opinions a little...;) but, if you follow his career so far it seems that he has purposely avoided the hockey hotspots. I'm wondering if Toronto isn't, in fact the last place he'd want to go.... that would be a shame.

1 hour ago, BluPuk said:

That's what bothers me @WordsOfWisdom, he will be a huge focus whether he is a star or not. Maybe 50 years of failures have jaded my opinions a little...;) but, if you follow his career so far it seems that he has purposely avoided the hockey hotspots. I'm wondering if Toronto isn't, in fact the last place he'd want to go.... that would be a shame.

That would be the luck of the Leafs! Still you have 9 other picks this draft!

• 2 months later...
On 5/3/2016 at 6:35 AM, BluPuk said:

Well, we need more players that want the spotlight, not players that shun the spotlight. :)

Archived