Entry Draft/Expansion Draft

JJMason33

On June 16, 2016 at 8:09 PM, OccamsRazor said:

if we renew both, we could lose Mason or Neuwirth.  

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, King Knut said:

if we renew both, we could lose Mason or Neuwirth.  

It's is why you wait till the draft is over to resign one, protect Stolarz  and resign the other later. 

Just for fun i found this mock expansion draft....

http://www.broadstreethockey.com/2016/6/17/11963592/nhl-expansion-draft-mock-flyers-steve-mason-las-vegas

Instead, this will probably be a choice between Mason and Neuvirth. Mason has turned into an above-average goaltender since being traded to Philadelphia, posting elite statistics at even strength. Neuvirth, on the other hand, outplayed Mason in overall metrics last season, and was the far better goalie come playoff time. He's earned a legitimate chance to fight for the starting job in training camp come September.

The best guess is that Hextall will use this season to make a decision on his goaltending. The winner of the year-long competition will not only come away with a lucrative contract extension, but also the sole protection slot granted to the Flyers for goalies.

las_20vegas.0.png

So it looks like the Flyers would lose Mase....not sure i buy this....

http://www.diebytheblade.com/2016/6/17/11962502/foligno-goes-to-las-vegas-in-mock-expansion-draft

It's a nice tool, but there's no way to account for trades. I expect Anderson to be traded, which will likely make him unavailable in the expansion draft - whoever acquires him will be protecting him. And unless Pittsburgh moves Fleury, Murray will end up on Las Vegas' roster. He's making some interesting assumptions on who the teams will leave unprotected.

On 6/18/2016 at 5:59 AM, OccamsRazor said:

http://www.broadstreethockey.com/2016/6/17/11963592/nhl-expansion-draft-mock-flyers-steve-mason-las-vegas

Instead, this will probably be a choice between Mason and Neuvirth. Mason has turned into an above-average goaltender since being traded to Philadelphia, posting elite statistics at even strength. Neuvirth, on the other hand, outplayed Mason in overall metrics last season, and was the far better goalie come playoff time. He's earned a legitimate chance to fight for the starting job in training camp come September.

The best guess is that Hextall will use this season to make a decision on his goaltending. The winner of the year-long competition will not only come away with a lucrative contract extension, but also the sole protection slot granted to the Flyers for goalies.

las_20vegas.0.png

http://www.diebytheblade.com/2016/6/17/11962502/foligno-goes-to-las-vegas-in-mock-expansion-draft

That whole article was a load of crap.  I got bored when I saw that and added the salary of each player on their current contract. Many of them will need to be resigned and will be paid higher than they are now.  But even at their current salaries the cap would be $107 million. Don't think the cap will be that high in a year...

43 minutes ago, sekkes85 said:

That whole article was a load of crap.  I got bored when I saw that and added the salary of each player on their current contract. Many of them will need to be resigned and will be paid higher than they are now.  But even at their current salaries the cap would be $107 million. Don't think the cap will be that high in a year...

Yeah it was just in good fun me posting i didn't really weigh every pick and see if they all would work i was just more concerned with what everyone thought the Flyers would lose....it's about all but yeah 107 is a high cap for sure.

On June 18, 2016 at 5:59 AM, OccamsRazor said:

las_20vegas.0.png

Doesnt Weber have a NMC thanks to Homer's shenanigans?

16 minutes ago, King Knut said:

Doesnt Weber have a NMC thanks to Homer's shenanigans?

No. And an NMC/NTC can't be part of an offer sheet. Only dollars and years. Those clauses can be added later after one team receives the player, but weren't in this case.

You all remember the brilliant trade from last year at the Draft, when the Flyers sent the Ghost of Chris Pronger and defenseman Nicklas Grossmann to the Arizona Coyotes in exchange for forward Sam Gagner and a conditional 2016 or 2017 draft pick. Arizona did not hold a fourth round pick in 2016 at the time of the trade, so the condition was that the Flyers would get Arizona’s third round pick in 2017 unless the Coyotes were able to come up with a fourth rounder in 2016.

Today, they did that in a trade with the San Jose Sharks, acquiring the 111th overall selection.

ClahE9BXIAE6nGa.jpg

Sweet!!!

200.gif

http://www.broadstreethockey.com/2016/6/20/11979710/the-flyers-might-be-getting-another-pick-in-the-2016-nhl-draft

1 hour ago, sekkes85 said:

Not sure what next years draft is looking like but would have been nice to have their 3rd (would have been higher 3rd too) than a 4th this year.

Well of course but i'm not worried about next year.......i'm worried about this upcoming draft....next year's draft isn't suppose to be as deep as this one...so that matters too...up the Flyers have plenty of ammo to move up and yet still land a nice haul with 11 picks that is what i'm focused on.

Hexy is the Anti-Homer collecting and hoarding picks instead of just giving them away like candy at halloween. Hell they already have collected 9 picks for next year's draft. Hextall is doing this the right way we all just have to be patient.

14 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

You all remember the brilliant trade from last year at the Draft, when the Flyers sent the Ghost of Chris Pronger and defenseman Nicklas Grossmann to the Arizona Coyotes in exchange for forward Sam Gagner and a conditional 2016 or 2017 draft pick. Arizona did not hold a fourth round pick in 2016 at the time of the trade, so the condition was that the Flyers would get Arizona’s third round pick in 2017 unless the Coyotes were able to come up with a fourth rounder in 2016.

Today, they did that in a trade with the San Jose Sharks, acquiring the 111th overall selection.

ClahE9BXIAE6nGa.jpg

San Jose's 4th rounder is really a 5th rounder....as opposed to what would be a high 3rd round next year.....

But whatever, another pick to load up this year, it's all good

4 minutes ago, sarsippius said:

But whatever, another pick to load up this year, it's all good

BINGO!!! Kimmo was a 10th round pick. Luc Robitaille was a 9th round pick.  You can find good players with later round picks if you do your homework!

Dark Horse Entry Draft Selections
Player Pick Year Drafted By
Jonathan Ericsson 291st 2002 Detroit
Brian Elliott 291st 2003 Ottawa
Jannik Hansen 287th 2004 Vancouver
Adam Burish 282nd 2002 Chicago
Jaroslav Halak 271st 2003 Montreal
Matt Moulson 263rd 2003 Pittsburgh
Mark Streit 262nd 2004 Montreal
Pekka Rinne 258th 2004 Nashville
Dustin Byfuglien 245th 2003 Chicago
Patric Hornqvist 230th 2005 Nashville
Pavol Demitra 227th 1993 Ottawa
Vladimir Konstantinov 221st 1989 Detroit
Anson Carter 220th 1992 Quebec
Johan Hedberg 218th 1994 Philadelphia
Dave Taylor 210th 1975 Los Angeles
Ondrej Palat 208th 2011 Tampa Bay
Dominik Hasek 207th 1983 Chicago
Anders Lindback 207th 2008 Nashville
Henrik Lundqvist 205th 2000 New York Rangers
Joe Pavelski 205th 2003 San Jose
Sergei Kostitsyn 200th 2005 Montreal
Arturs Irbe 196th 1989 Minnesota
Brooks Laich 193rd 2001 Ottawa
Vladimir Malakhov 191st 1989 NY Islanders
Mark Stone 178th 2010 Ottawa
Ryane Clowe 175th 2001 San Jose
Luc Robitaille 171st 1984 Los Angeles
Theoren Fleury 166th 1987 Calgary
John-Michael Liles 159th 2000 Colorado
Peter Bondra 156th 1990 Washington
Brendan Gallagher 147th 2010 Montreal
Andrew Shaw 139th 2011 Chicago
Doug Gilmour 134th 1982 St. Louis
Kris Versteeg 134th 2004 Boston
Daniel Alfredsson 133rd 1994 Ottawa
Jamie Benn 129th 2007 Dallas
Steve Larmer 120th 1980 Chicago
Brett Hull 117th 1984 Calgary
Johnny Gaudreau 104th 2011 Calgary
Johan Franzen 97th 2004 Detroit
Valtteri Filppula 95th 2002 Detroit
Jonathan Quick 72nd 2005 Los Angeles
Cal Clutterbuck 72nd 2006 Minnesota
Frederik Andersen 87th 2012 Anaheim

Recent Undrafted Talent That Played in the NHL
Signed Player Year signed By Last Amateur Club
Niklas Backstrom 2006 MIN Karpat Oulu (FIN)
Sergei Bobrovsky 2010 PHI Novokuznetsk (RUS)
Rene Bourque 2004 CHI University of Wisconsin
Dan Boyle 1998 FLA Miami University
Tyler Bozak 2009 TOR University of Denver
Alexandre Burrows 2005 VAN Manitoba, AHL
David Clarkson 2005 NJD Kitchener, OHL
Danny DeKeyser 2013 DET Western Michigan University
Mark Giordano 2004 CGY Owen Sound, OHL
Jonas Hiller 2007 ANA Davos (SUI)
Tyler Johnson 2011 TBL Spokane, WHL
Torey Krug 2011 BOS Michigan State University
Chris Kunitz 2003 ANA Ferris State University
Ville Leino 2008 DET Jokerit (FIN)
Antti Niemi 2008 CHI Pelicans (FIN)
Dustin Penner 2004 ANA University of Maine
Teddy Purcell 2007 LAK University of Maine
Martin St. Louis 1998 CGY University of Vermont
Chris Tanev 2010 VAN Rochester Institute of Technology

Highest Drafted Goaltenders
Player Pick Year Drafted By
Michel Plasse 1st 1968 Montreal
Rick DiPietro 1st 2000 NY Islanders
Marc-Andre Fleury 1st 2003 Pittsburgh
Kari Lehtonen 2nd 2002 Atlanta
Roberto Luongo 4th 1997 NY Islanders
Ray Martyniuk 5th 1970 Montreal
John Davidson 5th 1973 St. Louis
Tom Barrasso 5th 1983 Buffalo
Carey Price 5th 2005 Montreal
Michel Larocque 6th 1972 Montreal
Brian Finley 6th 1999 Nashville
Al Montoya 6th 2004 NY Rangers
Jamie Storr 7th 1994 Los Angeles
Grant Fuhr 8th 1981 Edmonton
Pascal Leclaire 8th 2001 Columbus
Jimmy Waite 8th 1987 Chicago

Meanwhile great players even went undrafted. Ed Belfour, Curtis Joseph and the great Adam Oates!!! So do your homework Flyer scouts!!!

Archived