Odds for Cup Next Year

Howie58

Greetings:

Here are the Vegas Odd for next year's Cup Winners:

http://www.csnne.com/boston-bruins/las-vegas-oddsmakers-give-boston-bruins-25-1-odds-to-win-stanley-cup?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo

I find the high ranks of Chicago and LA a bit surprising; think those are two franchises on the downside. We look like mid-range.  

From my vantage; I'd like being overlooked a bit.  While we are improved from the start of last season, I guess the strong finish didn't turn any heads. 

Howie

I'll take these odds with a grain of salt. No draft, free agent signings, very few trades.  

How far do you think Philly moves up if they signed Stamkos? (The points in this question do not reflect any views of vonginous or any of its affiliates )

If you had $500 right now, to bet on the winner of next year's cup with these odds, where would you put it?

100 on Washington

100 on Tampa

100 on Dallas

100 on St Louis 

And....wait for it.....

100 on Edmonton  (I know I know. But they have to be good soon and why not at 40 to 1. Be a good payday. ☺

Von:

Agreed on your assessment. It's as if they project based on point standings and some "magic." I get where they are coming from. It would be interesting to compare these "un-adjusted" odds with their 10/1/16 odds.  Remind me...maybe I'll see what happens.

No idea how they can calculate that already.  The Penguins are t rolling much roster so okay maybe that's not too difficult to judge, but there's so much change coming over the next two months...  

9 hours ago, Polaris922 said:

No idea how they can calculate that already.  The Penguins are t rolling much roster so okay maybe that's not too difficult to judge, but there's so much change coming over the next two months...  

It is too soon like you said it's as about as useful as preseason college football rankings. Don't mean a whole lot till about the midway of any season.

Archived