LV Phantoms and other Flyers Prospect discussions 2016-2017

pilldoc

1 hour ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

You should have told him that those two might be one of the backups, especially when Matej Tomek was probably the best of the Flyers goalie prospects at the tournament. We might have potentially the greatest Slovakian goaltending prospect ever to grace the NHL.

The funny thing is there is a forgotten goalie in all this sick depth and that guy is Merrick Madsen who will more than likely come out after this year from Harvard.

So they will need to make room on the Phantoms so either Lyons or Stolarz will need to be penciled into the Flyers backup role for next year.

Madsen (6-5 190 21 years old) is 11-2-1 922% 2,14 gaa 1 shutout this year.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=168017

So he will tandem with either Lyon or Stolie next year for the Phantoms.

Lyon is actually a year older (and more seasoned) than Stolie so he may get the nod. Can't say.

Flyers are now stacked with all kind of gold trade chips (goalies and Dmen are worth their weight in gold).

200w.gif#74

So when and if they find a young forward they want on another team they have plenty to get him.

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's the problem with the WJHC. A certain player plays good for the tournament (19 year olds expecially), and all of a sudden he's apparently going to be the next thing in the NHL. I blame TSN for over-hyping the tournament resulting in overrating the players

It's great that these kids played good in the tournament, but it really have no effect on their future NHL careers 

4 minutes ago, RJ8812 said:

That's the problem with the WJHC. A certain player plays good for the tournament (19 year olds expecially), and all of a sudden he's apparently going to be the next thing in the NHL. I blame TSN for over-hyping the tournament resulting in overrating the players

It's great that these kids played good in the tournament, but it really have no effect on their future NHL careers 

Yeah but it happens in every sport....hype the kids...hockey is no different...it is what these networks guys are for...hell if we wasn't reading it and buying it they wouldn't be selling it.

At the end of the day work preparation and heart and determination is what will separate them all...some can handle the pressure and many crack from it...

25 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Yeah but it happens in every sport....hype the kids...hockey is no different...it is what these networks guys are for...hell if we wasn't reading it and buying it they wouldn't be selling it.

At the end of the day work preparation and heart and determination is what will separate them all...some can handle the pressure and many crack from it...

Yea, but there are tons of players that have amazing WJHC. The media and experts get behind them and then they amount to nothing in the NHL

4 minutes ago, RJ8812 said:

Yea, but there are tons of players that have amazing WJHC. The media and experts get behind them and then they amount to nothing in the NHL

Well it isn't an exact science and they all can't play in the NHL that is why they have other leagues...someone has to play there.

3 minutes ago, RJ8812 said:

I think Gordon, PEB and VdV should all be gone next year. I'd maybe bring back PEB if the price is right (barely any raise) and he stays on the 4th line. 

Yeah i would bring PEB at the right price...but my gut tells me Hak favorite VV will get the contract...i hope i'm wrong...

On 09/01/2017 at 11:53 AM, OccamsRazor said:

Now it's official....

Sweet. F Russia!

This is good news. He was drafted out of Europe too, so he could technically play in the AHL next year if they want him to 

21 minutes ago, RJ8812 said:

This is good news. He was drafted out of Europe too, so he could technically play in the AHL next year if they want him to 

Yes they could but i'm sure he will be given the next two years to play juniors. He'll have plenty of time to play in the AHL.

They have lost a good portion of this year in his development with the way the KHL treated him so i expect at least next year to be spent in junior.

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Yes they could but i'm sure he will be given the next two years to play juniors. He'll have plenty of time to play in the AHL.

They have lost a good portion of this year in his development with the way the KHL treated him so i expect at least next year to be spent in junior.

I would agree with this...Rubtsov basically hasn't been allowed to develop much since he was drafted...he's going to have to do that, live in a completely different culture and learn not one, but two languages living in Chicoutimi. 

Expecting him to be AHL ready next year would be asking a bit much IMO.

3 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

I would agree with this...Rubtsov basically hasn't been allowed to develop much since he was drafted...he's going to have to do that, live in a completely different culture and learn not one, but two languages living in Chicoutimi. 

Expecting him to be AHL ready next year would be asking a bit much IMO.

I think there is a lot here to like with this kid but he must be given the right environment to achieve this and in juniors i think it will be brought out of him.

I have seen a lot of clips of this kid with his skillset that made my jaw drop. He didn't just forget how to play like that. Confidence can go a long ways these days and he needs to just find his.

When and if he does we will see the return of Pavel Malkin....a diamond in the rough right now...

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Confidence can go a long ways these days and he needs to just find his.

When and if he does we will see the return of Pavel Malkin....a diamond in the rough right now...

Well as long as you're not expecting too much out of him....

Phantoms lose tonight to Hershey. 6-4 

Lyons gives up over 5 on 26 shots.

Sanheim has his 1st 2 goal game. Would Hexy be tempted to call him up this year????

Greg Carey scored the other two. All this guys does scores goals  :hocky:

I would love to see him get a chance on the 3rd or 4th lines on the Flyers if they could clear some dead weight.

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

Sanheim yesterday...

Wow this kid is coming on quick.

7 goals in his last 13 games.

Impressive. I think a light has come on for him.

I know it will be hard for Hexy to not be tempted to bring him up to look at him if for no other reason than an ata boy!!!

Also when he decides i would be socked if Hexy brought him and Sam up to play as a tandem.

They play together now and even live together under the same roof. Might be nice to let them come up together.

Most important 6 of Sanheim's 7 goals come 5 on 5!!!!

Archived