LV Phantoms and other Flyers Prospect discussions 2016-2017

pilldoc

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow Carter Hart earns 1st star backing up the Silvertips to their win stopping 64 of 66 shots to win in the 5th OT!!!!

Longest game in WHL Playoff history + longest game in CHL history

#whatastealthiskidlookslike

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Wow Carter Hart earns 1st star backing up the Silvertips to their win stopping 64 of 66 shots to win in the 5th OT!!!!

Longest game in WHL Playoff history + longest game in CHL history

#whatastealthiskidlookslike

That was also the series clinching win...kid has ice in his veins.

He shut out Victoria for 6 straight periods in that game.

Myers with a goal and a assist in Huskies 5-2 win to send Mooseheads packing and Huskied to next round.

That is 3 free picks Hextall has found last 3 years. Just signed.

Myers

Lyons

Mike Vecchione

Cost nada!!!!

Ivan Provorov will reportedly play for Team Russia at the World Championships in May

http://sonsofpenn.com/ivan-provorov-reportedly-play-team-russia-world-championships/

I know it is selfish but i wish he wouldn't i wish he would rest up and prepare for the next Flyer season. He is the new #1 and he is going to log a lot of minutes for a looooooong time. But i know it's his choice. I'd rather he not risk injury. To not have him next year to start would be a huge loss.

I know Hagg maybe ready right now. But next year's blueline will next Sanheim's offense for sure i think.

He should be on the team at or after Christmas next year too many rookies on the team be damned.

Merrick Madsen did all he could do yesterday to boost Harvard to the finals game was tied 1-1 with 26 seconds in regulation before a deflected shot won it 2-1.

MM stopped 36 of 38 shots.

Looks like he is ready for Philly with only one goal to work with!!!!!!!

http://www.ncaa.com/game/icehockey-men/d1/2017/04/06/harvard-minn-duluth/recap

Denver downs Notre Dame 6-1.

Denver vs. Minn Duluth for all the marbles saturday night at 8 pm.

Maybe Madsen signs soon.

So Phantoms lose another game to WBS 3-2.

Stolie stops 29 of 31 shots. All 3 goals were 5 on 5. Scott Laughton -3.

Sanheim and Brennan -2. Not a good pairing.

I sure hope Oskar Lindblom can make it. Looks like Phantoms need more firepower.

Wow Hagg where was the hustle on this play???

Would have liked to seen Stolie make this. It just found the opening. Damn.

Lehigh Valley Phantoms have now gone 215 minutes and 38 seconds without scoring a goal against the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins 

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=84492&blogger_id=45

3) Congratulations go out to the Lehigh Valley Phantoms for clinching the team's first playoff spot since the franchise's final year of playing at the old Spectrum as the Philadelphia Phantoms. On Wednesday, the Phantoms earned a 2-1 road shootout win over the league-leading Wilkes Barre/Scranton Penguins. Stellar relief goaltending by Alex Lyon (33 of 34 saves in regulation and overtime, 3-for-3 in the shootout) keyed the victory. Taylor Leier's mid third period goal sent the game to OT after the Penguins' Dominik Simon had finally broken a scoreless deadlock with an early third period. Corban Knight scored the only successful shootout attempt for either team. The Phantoms, who have successfully killed off 21 penalties in a row, were 3-for-3 on the PK including a four-minute kill of a first-period Samuel Morin high sticking double minor.

4) The Phantoms' win was a costly one. Anthony Stolarz started the game in goal but lasted only 1:32 before suffering an apparent lower-body injury. He had to be assisted off the ice, putting no weight on his left leg. There was no update on his condition as if this writing, but Phantoms writer Tony Androckitis reported that Stolarz was on crutches after the game.

Great opportunity for Lyons to step up and possibly overtake Stolarz on the depth chart, if he leads the team on a deep playoff run. Stolarzs put up good, but not great, numbers with the Phantoms so his spot, IMO, as a possible Flyers backup next year is not necessarily etched in stone. 

Felix Sandström and Oskar Lindblom play vital role for Brynäs in forcing a game seven

Felix Sandström and Oskar Lindblom play vital role for Brynäs in forcing a game seven

http://sonsofpenn.com/felix-sandstrom-and-oskar-lindblom-play-vital-role-for-brynas-in-forcing-a-game-seven/

Nice.

Their team also has Flyer 2009 draft pick who was never signed on it defenseman Simon Bertilsson.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=11173

I wonder if he'll ever come over he is only 25. 

2 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

I've can't wait to see him in O&B.

I think he'll get every chance next camp/preseason to show he can help.

Lawd knows they need a true LW especially some with some size.

Archived