This Line Needs a Name

King Knut

8 hours ago, FD19372 said:

The Too Early To Tell If They're Really All That Great Line?

LOL - you and I were thinking along the same line here.   Why do we always have to name a line?  And why do we have to name a line with 70+ games to go into their first season together?!?

On 10/15/2016 at 0:15 AM, King Knut said:

It's only been a period and a half, but I think this Coots, Konex Voracek line might just stick for a little while. 

CVK? CiVik Duty? 

Legion of Boom?

CouVecny?

Way to jinx it....it just got broken up for tonight.:NinjaLookLeftRight1:  

Assuming the practice lines from this AM stay the same.  

50 minutes ago, DaGreatGazoo said:

Way to jinx it....it just got broken up for tonight.:NinjaLookLeftRight1:  

Assuming the practice lines from this AM stay the same.  

I think I wrote this in the middle of the first game.  I don't think anyone can blame me.  

Though I do think breaking it up is a big mistake.  It's been the strongest line by far, even when it's not scoring.  

What were the lines this morning?

I really hope Hak doesn't get into this mixology of lines.  If you have one that's clicking don't screw with it just because Schenn and Giroux and Simmonds Can't get their butts together.

And really that seems to be what it is.  Read is scoring from the 3rd line with Belly and Coots, Konex and Jake are en fuego from the 2nd.  

Giroux seems to need a PP to do anything at this point.  I'm concerned and I don't want Hak to screw with what's working to try to fix one guy's problems... even if he is the captain.  

Now I am convinced Flyers management follows the threads on this forum. The other night I asked for Read and Schenn to swap lines, and it happened last game. For two weeks we have been trying to name the 11-14-93 line and now its broken up, LOL

2 minutes ago, King Knut said:

I think I wrote this in the middle of the first game.  I don't think anyone can blame me.  

Though I do think breaking it up is a big mistake.  It's been the strongest line by far, even when it's not scoring.  

What were the lines this morning?

I really hope Hak doesn't get into this mixology of lines.  If you have one that's clicking don't screw with it just because Schenn and Giroux and Simmonds Can't get their butts together.

And really that seems to be what it is.  Read is scoring from the 3rd line with Belly and Coots, Konex and Jake are en fuego from the 2nd.  

Giroux seems to need a PP to do anything at this point.  I'm concerned and I don't want Hak to screw with what's working to try to fix one guy's problems... even if he is the captain.  

They are posted in the game day thread, but here they are again.  

FLYERS PROJECTED LINEUP

Forwards
11-Travis Konecny, 28-Claude Giroux, 93-Jake Voracek

24-Matt Read, 14-Sean Couturier, 17-Wayne Simmonds

10-Brayden Schenn, 25-Nick Cousins, 22-Dale Weise

76-Chris VandeVelde, 78-Pierre-Edouard Bellemare, 13-Roman Lyubimov

Defensemen
47-Andrew MacDonald & 53-Shayne Gostisbehere

9-Ivan Provorov & 23-Brandon Manning

32-Mark Streit & 3-Radko Gudas

Goalie
35-Steve Mason

Injuries/Suspensions
D Michael Del Zotto — injured reserve, left knee injury
LW Scott Laughton — injured reserve, "lower-body injury"
LW Michael Raffl — injured reserve, "upper-body injury"

4 minutes ago, Samifan said:

Now I am convinced Flyers management follows the threads on this forum. The other night I asked for Read and Schenn to swap lines, and it happened last game. For two weeks we have been trying to name the 11-14-93 line and now its broken up, LOL

I know the reporters are definitely on here.  And we also know that Jake in particular is pretty active on Twitter... but I honestly hope they're not reading this forum.  We're idiots a lot of the time ;)

3 minutes ago, DaGreatGazoo said:

They are posted in the game day thread, but here they are again.  

FLYERS PROJECTED LINEUP

Forwards
11-Travis Konecny, 28-Claude Giroux, 93-Jake Voracek

24-Matt Read, 14-Sean Couturier, 17-Wayne Simmonds

10-Brayden Schenn, 25-Nick Cousins, 22-Dale Weise

76-Chris VandeVelde, 78-Pierre-Edouard Bellemare, 13-Roman Lyubimov

Defensemen
47-Andrew MacDonald & 53-Shayne Gostisbehere

9-Ivan Provorov & 23-Brandon Manning

32-Mark Streit & 3-Radko Gudas

Goalie
35-Steve Mason

Injuries/Suspensions
D Michael Del Zotto — injured reserve, left knee injury
LW Scott Laughton — injured reserve, "lower-body injury"
LW Michael Raffl — injured reserve, "upper-body injury"

Sorry, wasn't checking the threads just the email notifications.  

ALSO... WTF!?!?!

This really seems like they're doing something JUST to get Giroux rolling.  That's idiotic if that's the case.  I really really hate it.  The Coots line was clicking because of Chemistry the G line was not clicking because it lacked chemistry... this doesn't seem to solve the latter and only screws with the former.   Isn't Weise still suspended?  

Just now, King Knut said:

Sorry, wasn't checking the threads just the email notifications.  

ALSO... WTF!?!?!

This really seems like they're doing something JUST to get Giroux rolling.  That's idiotic if that's the case.  I really really hate it.  The Coots line was clicking because of Chemistry the G line was not clicking because it lacked chemistry... this doesn't seem to solve the latter and only screws with the former.   Isn't Weise still suspended?  

No worries at all, bud.  Just wanted to let you know!!

3rd game was Tuesday I believe.  I don't see the need to get Giroux rolling.  He's contributing via assists.  There are more issues with the forwards then worrying about him.  The bottom six has been pretty meh the last few games, IMO.  

I don't like breaking up the 11-14-93 line either.  If something is working, why mess with it.  

Maybe he's looking at the 1st 2.5 periods from the Buffalo game and is trying to shake things up  to prevent another slow start, 0-1 score to dig out of.

1 hour ago, brelic said:

I think the line looked better when Giroux replaced Couturier last game. Now we're on to something with two redheads and a kid :)

Let's call it the "All the Eggs in One Basket" line.  

or maybe "Shut this line down and you'll win" line?

Part of what made the 2nd line work with Coots was that the opposition couldn't put their shut down guys against both.  

Now they'll put their shut down guys against the first line and a decidedly less mobile, less creative crash and bash second line will be much easier to defend against.   I think it's probably a mistake.  I'll LOVE being wrong though.

On 15/10/2016 at 9:40 AM, brelic said:

Haha no! It's a South Park reference. Half man, half bear, half pig lol. 

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/southpark/images/f/f6/Ghjkl.JPG/revision/latest?cb=20071012200250

latest?cb=20071012200250

Man Bear Pig doesn't care who you are - he just wants to get you!!! lol.....greatest South Park episode ever

Archived