Frederik Andersen

WordsOfWisdom

Well, I haven't been impressed by what I've seen thus far. The defence hasn't been great, but Andersen hasn't done anything to help himself either. This has all the makings of another Toskala-like epic failure. Yes, it's still early. If the trend continues however, how long does he keep his job as the starting goalie?  

The stat line on Andersen thus far is ugly:

Untitled.png

2 hours ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

Well, I haven't been impressed by what I've seen thus far. The defence hasn't been great, but Andersen hasn't done anything to help himself either. This has all the makings of another Toskala-like epic failure. Yes, it's still early. If the trend continues however, how long does he keep his job as the starting goalie?  

The stat line on Andersen thus far is ugly:

Untitled.png

Welp. Most goalie have a semi average to terribad GAA and Sv% early in the season. Teams tend to forget defensive duties over the summer and the kids use all 82 games of energy in the first 20 games, forgetting they need to conserve.

Then again, Andersen's are worse than the normal start of season jitters. Quite a bit worse .

The leafs tend to do that to ya

1 hour ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Welp. Most goalie have a semi average to terribad GAA and Sv% early in the season. Teams tend to forget defensive duties over the summer and the kids use all 82 games of energy in the first 20 games, forgetting they need to conserve.

Then again, Andersen's are worse than the normal start of season jitters. Quite a bit worse .

The leafs tend to do that to ya

Although it's early, I already feel like this tandem is worse than Bernier and Reimer from last season.  :frantics:

@WordsOfWisdom

Unfortunately for the Leafs, if Andersen doesn't turn things around, you guys are pretty much stuck with him.

No way do you expose a prospect to the Swiss cheese Leaf defense and you don't go out and spend a ton for another established guy after giving Andersen $5M per.

Solution?

The defense HAS to get better, and get better fast.

True, Andersen has to help his own cause as well, but since he is the "fixture" right now, it falls on the defense to limit the amount of prime scoring opportunities, leaving Andersen with the EASIEST possible saves to make.

Tough way to make a living in Leaf land I know, but it's what the Leafs have right now.

4 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

@WordsOfWisdom

Unfortunately for the Leafs, if Andersen doesn't turn things around, you guys are pretty much stuck with him.

No way do you expose a prospect to the Swiss cheese Leaf defense and you don't go out and spend a ton for another established guy after giving Andersen $5M per.

Solution?

The defense HAS to get better, and get better fast.

True, Andersen has to help his own cause as well, but since he is the "fixture" right now, it falls on the defense to limit the amount of prime scoring opportunities, leaving Andersen with the EASIEST possible saves to make.

Tough way to make a living in Leaf land I know, but it's what the Leafs have right now.

:hocky:

To think that last season the problem was the Leafs giving up early goals and always playing from behind. Now their biggest issue is not holding onto leads. Either way, it all points to GA. :56ce53d1d6689_IDunnoSmiley:

We can't catch a break - but then again, he was picked by Leafs' management and handed a long term contract. I sure hope this guy can deliver, otherwise I might have to re-think my opinion of them. :5726c71d00cb3_readytofight:

• 4 weeks later...

Archived