Guentzel to make his debut tonight

nossagog

guentzel.jpg

With Hornqvist and now Kunitz(put on IR) on the shelf, Jake Guentzel will get his first NHL game in tonight.  Looking forward to seeing him play, and where he is slotted.  He seems to have a good skill set for scoring goals, would love to see him get some time with Crosby and see how he adjusts.  It may be strange for him as he's normally a center.

https://www.nhl.com/penguins/news/guentzel-nhl-debut/c-283941046

2 hours ago, Podein25 said:

Did he score on his first two shots?!?!

Not sure if it was the first two, but he almost had the natural at the end of the period.  Kid has some speed and hockey sense.

Edit: Yes, first two shots. 

Successful first game I would say.   He did not look out of place in the NHL tonight.  Two goals and several other golden chances on the night. The thing I noticed most was his speed and quick release of the puck.  Doesn't need to stop the puck and shoot, just one time with a quick wrist shot. 

Looking forward to seeing him in the NHL from now on. 

Well, even though the final score was

Rangers 5

Guentzel 2

I gotta say, one hell of a debut!

Really don't know much about the guy, but from what I've read here and elsewhere, he shouldn't be a flash in the pan.

If he isn't, then congrats to the Pens for finding yet ANOTHER player to torture their rivals with.

6 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Well, even though the final score was

Rangers 5

Guentzel 2

I gotta say, one hell of a debut!

Really don't know much about the guy, but from what I've read here and elsewhere, he shouldn't be a flash in the pan.

If he isn't, then congrats to the Pens for finding yet ANOTHER player to torture their rivals with.

I'm hoping for another top goaltender like Murray or someone better!

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, notfondajane said:

I believe Guenstzel was sent down Thursday night?

Yeah, him and Pooh went down.  Better that than sitting in the press box.  He has skills he needs to hone, and I'd rather see him playing with the Baby Pens than sitting watching. 

Archived