Maple Leaf NHL records

jammer2

6 hours ago, jammer2 said:

Just ran across the article, thought some of our Leaf fans might enjoy the read! Some good ones in there......

http://thehockeywriters.com/the-colorful-maple-leafs-and-the-nhl-record-book/

The Leafs need the Yankees treatment.

Toronto fans in general need the Yankees treatment.

I'd like to see the following:

• salary cap removed
  • George Steinbrenner as our team owner (reincarnate him)
  • Leafs with the highest payroll in the NHL (ideally larger than the bottom 10-15 teams combined)
  • Leafs become the first team to win 70 games in the regular season
  • Leafs players win every single award at the NHL awards
  • The all-star team for the East is comprised only of Leafs players with a few players from other teams as scratches.
  • Leafs win four consecutive Stanley Cups in the modern era to become the last pro sports dynasty

:)

1 hour ago, hobie said:

Since we're venturing down memory lane, Feb. 9 has been a good day in the past as per this article.

http://theleafsnation.com/2017/2/9/today-is-a-good-day-in-leafs-trade-history

This caught my eye in the article you posted, it's regarding the contract given to Phaneuf in 2014....

"Allotting large chunks of your available resources to achieving equal market value pushes you towards mediocrity, rather than success, as you have less room to make undercutting moves and create gains."

Some wise words there!

37 minutes ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

LOL. He stays dead... foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! :)

Sounds to me like a compromise is in order. How about we bring back King Clancy, make him fat and obnoxious and tell him Dave Keon is more popular than him?

the goalie in nets for Darryl Sittler's ten point game was Dave Reese. Ever heard of him? I thought not.

He was so upset by his performance that later that night he tried to commit suicide by jumping in front of a speeding train!

It went right between his legs. :haha:

Archived