Hextall the Patsy

caluso

1 hour ago, Podein25 said:

Ok, well now view is changing. Like in real time...

Does Hexy not have people like lawyers or accountants or whatever - professionals  - who know the goddamned rules?!

He said he was okay with it...   I really think Hexy like Filp.   Maybe it work and get us into the playoffs...   Who knows.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking ahead to 2018 and the FA market, John Tavares, Evander Kane (I know, I know) Cam Atkinson,  Mike Grabner (if these two actually maintain their level of play) and even Hurtl are guys I could see the Flyers floating offers to.  

They'll have no major UFA contracts to extend (though they can't break the bank as Simmonds needs a new deal in the following year and it looks to be a doozy at this point) and they will have almost 9 million more coming off the books than they already have coming off this year. 

I still don't know that I see them trying to make a big splash in UFA world but it'll make a lot more sense in a year. 

2 minutes ago, King Knut said:

Looking ahead to 2018 and the FA market, John Tavares, Evander Kane (I know, I know) Cam Atkinson,  Mike Grabner (if these two actually maintain their level of play) and even Hurtl are guys I could see the Flyers floating offers to.  

They'll have no major UFA contracts to extend (though they can't break the bank as Simmonds needs a new deal in the following year and it looks to be a doozy at this point) and they will have almost 9 million more coming off the books than they already have coming off this year. 

I still don't know that I see them trying to make a big splash in UFA world but it'll make a lot more sense in a year. 

I love Tavares....

7 minutes ago, murraycraven said:

I love Tavares....

You may have seen it elsewhere but I'd trade Giroux this off season (or would have today) in order to get Tavares next year.   

I suppose that the Sens are the only home for him though.  

But Captain Jack 1C and Giroux 2C or 1LW sounds alright to me. 

11 minutes ago, King Knut said:

You may have seen it elsewhere but I'd trade Giroux this off season (or would have today) in order to get Tavares next year.   

I would do that deal as well and it pains me to say it.   I have always loved G but if you have a chance to have Tavares.   I would do it without thinking.

3 minutes ago, murraycraven said:

I would do that deal as well and it pains me to say it.   I have always loved G but if you have a chance to have Tavares.   I would do it without thinking.

That still doesn't solve the problem of needing wingers, but count me in as doing that deal.

Just now, FD19372 said:

That still doesn't solve the problem of needing wingers, but count me in as doing that deal.

I know....   It is a very good point.    

I just love how Tavares plays the game.   The Isles are a mess of an organization. The kid deserves to play for a good market type team.    I think he ends up in Tronno

On 3/1/2017 at 7:02 PM, King Knut said:

Keep Giroux and move him to the right side, where he started his career. You move Giroux to the wing and you'll extend his career by 7 to 10 years. He's taken a beating at center. Putting him on the wing allows him to avoid the beatings and he can start to produce once again. He won't have the heavy defensive assignments he gets and he can go all out on offense. Tavares on a line with Konecny and Giroux could really be a scary offensive line. That also means the Flyers could have one heck of a second line, but they'll need to decide between Simmonds and Voracek and the likelihood is that with the deal Voracek has signed, he's here for the long term and going nowhere. So, the second line should be something like Lindblom on the left side, Rubtsov in the middle and Voracek on the right side. During the 2017 - 2018 season, the Flyers can hold an auction for Simmonds and should be able to acquire a ridiculous package for him (at least a blue chip prospect, a young roster player and a first round pick). The third line could consist of Weal - Couturier - Schenn, which automatically becomes one of the best, if not  THE best third line in the league and a fourth that could consist of Leier - Laughton - Lyubimov.

As for defense, you've got a pairing of Provorov - Gudas, another pairing of Morin - Sanheim and another pairing of Hagg - Gostisbehere. Absolute craziness. No other team in the league would have that kind of depth in their top six and that doesn't even include Myers, Friedman and whoever they could get from a Simmonds trade. The Flyers are set in a good way.

Of course, all of this depends on landing Tavares, which is harder than what most will think. You can bet if the Islanders can't re-sign him, they're going to auction him off and the highest bidder will want to get a deal done first with him. However, there are some real good centers available via Free Agency. Maybe it's just me, but I'd also be more than willing to throw money at a guy like Ryan Strome, who's ready to bust through, but maybe Long Island isn't the place for him (God knows Capuano nearly ruined the kid).

Archived