What's up with Murray

I missed the game last night because of work!

Murray gave up 3 goals on 21 shots! Was he left out to dry? Did the rest of the team play poorly in front of him? This was the 2nd time in the last couple of weeks he has been pulled from a game. (Dallas).  It's unlike him to be playing like this.

Defense had a real tough game last night moving the puck, especially in the first.    First goal was because of a giveaway by Doumolin.  Second was because of a giveaway by murray himself.    The team in general was a give away machine in the first period.   Sabres had 21 shots on goal, being on the PK three times did not help either. 

2 minutes ago, nossagog said:

Defense had a real tough game last night moving the puck, especially in the first.    First goal was because of a giveaway by Doumolin.  Second was because of a giveaway by murray himself.    The team in general was a give away machine in the first period.   Sabres had 21 shots on goal, being on the PK three times did not help either. 

Sloppiness by the Penguins in general! I was thinking teams where getting to know his tendencies! Let's  hope for a better performance next game! 

Just wondering,

What's the scoop in Pittsburgh regarding the Penguins' goalies?

They didn't trade Fleury.  He cannot be exposed to the draft because of his NMC.  So....are they exposing Murray?  I'm thinking that if they do, he's the first starting goalie for Vegas.  I mean, they'll have other options including UFA, but why would they pass up on a young Cup-winning goalie?  

Any of you Pens fans hearing a different game plan?

I'm hoping he does NOT go to Vegas because I have him in a keeper fantasy league and I think he may be exposed there.

OK Murray had a bad game, it is done and over and Murray is  a awesome goalie and I like him much better than Fleury and he gives up less goals than Fleury.

My opinion is this keep Murray and deal Fleury but that's just my opinion, nothing more nothing less. . . . . . .

4 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Just wondering,

What's the scoop in Pittsburgh regarding the Penguins' goalies?

They didn't trade Fleury.  He cannot be exposed to the draft because of his NMC.  So....are they exposing Murray?  I'm thinking that if they do, he's the first starting goalie for Vegas.  I mean, they'll have other options including UFA, but why would they pass up on a young Cup-winning goalie?  

Any of you Pens fans hearing a different game plan?

I'm hoping he does NOT go to Vegas because I have him in a keeper fantasy league and I think he may be exposed there.

Fleury can always waive his NMC and allow the Pens to expose him.  The questions is - would he if they cannot trade him?  Would he literally force the Pens to make him their starting goalie and lose Murray after all this?  I think they end up dealing him in the offseason. They might get $.60 on the dollar but at that point, who cares.  The main goal is to keep Murray. Whatever you get for Fleury is gravy not to mention what you can now spend that $5,750,000 cap hit on.

They can also buy out the final two years.  Instead of $5,750,000 over two it's $1,916,667 over 4 (assuming the buyout calculator I used is right).  Two ways to look at that. It's $2MM of "dead money" over the next 4 years...or you look at it as paying Murray $2.6M per over that time as opposed to $600K (though I think somewhere in there Murray gets the bridge deal). Still a bargain.

Either way - MAF will not be a Pittsburgh Penguin come next October.

1 hour ago, B21 said:

Fleury can always waive his NMC and allow the Pens to expose him.  The questions is - would he if they cannot trade him?  Would he literally force the Pens to make him their starting goalie and lose Murray after all this?  I think they end up dealing him in the offseason. They might get $.60 on the dollar but at that point, who cares.  The main goal is to keep Murray. Whatever you get for Fleury is gravy not to mention what you can now spend that $5,750,000 cap hit on.

They can also buy out the final two years.  Instead of $5,750,000 over two it's $1,916,667 over 4 (assuming the buyout calculator I used is right).  Two ways to look at that. It's $2MM of "dead money" over the next 4 years...or you look at it as paying Murray $2.6M per over that time as opposed to $600K (though I think somewhere in there Murray gets the bridge deal). Still a bargain.

Either way - MAF will not be a Pittsburgh Penguin come next October.

I'm just concerned with the draft. The waiving so he can be exposed helps, but the rest doesn't happen in time to save Murray. 

I can't imagine Fleury would force a team that wants to expose him to keep him. So maybe he waives. 

If he does, then I think we're into the other things you talked about because at his money I don't think he gets drafted.  I think there are better, cheaper options for Vegas. 

17 hours ago, ruxpin said:

I'm just concerned with the draft. The waiving so he can be exposed helps, but the rest doesn't happen in time to save Murray. 

I can't imagine Fleury would force a team that wants to expose him to keep him. So maybe he waives. 

If he does, then I think we're into the other things you talked about because at his money I don't think he gets drafted.  I think there are better, cheaper options for Vegas. 

You lost me! (Likely my fault.)  If Fleury waves the NMC and allows himself to be exposed, the Pens protect Murray, no?

I do think his money is reasonable. Pretty much a spot-on contract. Remember, Vegas has a cap floor to hit, too.  

At the end of the day though - if Fleury doesn't want to go to Vegas he's not going to Vegas.

Archived