Fleury Fleury Fleury!

notfondajane

Wow! Marc Andre Fleury went 4

and 1 against Columbus! Then won the first two games against Washington! Sullivan and Rutherford must have said something to get his head out of his ars! Or there's someone in net wearing number 29? I don't know if I'm completely sold on his play in this year's playoffs.

As the financial advertisements say, "Past returns to not gaurentee future gains", but right now he's seeing the puck and reacting really well. 

But you also have to look at the guys in front of him and see how much they're sacrificing blocking shots for him.   At one point in the broadcast last night I believe they said that 14 of 18 skaters for the Pens had blocked shots during the game. That's a lot of players giving their all. 

3 hours ago, nossagog said:

As the financial advertisements say, "Past returns to not gaurentee future gains", but right now he's seeing the puck and reacting really well. 

But you also have to look at the guys in front of him and see how much they're sacrificing blocking shots for him.   At one point in the broadcast last night I believe they said that 14 of 18 skaters for the Pens had blocked shots during the game. That's a lot of players giving their all. 

I agree that  is a lot of players giving their all! 

Maybe they're not completely confident that Marc Andre Fleury would stop a good number of those shot! 

Believe me I'mextremely happy the Pens are winning this series.  I'm just not sold on his play! 

I am not sold on Murray as being "all that".

I think MAF has been spectacular in the playoffs so far. 

I don't think Murray makes many of the game 2, 3rd period saves vs the Caps.  I really don't think he comes up large in the last 2 minute 4 saves with no stick scenario the way MAF did. 

3 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

I am not sold on Murray as being "all that".

I think MAF has been spectacular in the playoffs so far. 

I don't think Murray makes many of the game 2, 3rd period saves vs the Caps.  I really don't think he comes up large in the last 2 minute 4 saves with no stick scenario the way MAF did. 

Notfonda gonna not be fonda those comments! :VeryCool:

Fleury, I hope, has to have a stellar performance tonight in game 4! 

Dmen have to make sure he can see the puck!

Forwards have to backcheck to help out the defense! Then quickly move the puck down the ice and put enough shots on net to make Holtby look like a spinning top! While in the offensive zone, FORECHECK, FORECHECK  AND FORECHECK! 

Yeah I think they have to go very defensive and keep the score down, event though game four is at home.  This needs to stay in control and try to minimize the power plays in the game. 

7 hours ago, nossagog said:

Okay NFJ, you got to give him some credit.  The Flower is playing lights out.

My question is why wasn't he playing like this the last 9 years or so? He may have cost 3 Stanley Cup finals appearances! 

25 minutes ago, notfondajane said:

My question is why wasn't he playing like this the last 9 years or so? He may have cost 3 Stanley Cup finals appearances! 

Lack of confidence? 

Too young? 

Mommy issues?

Who knows.  But right now he's making the Pens management look like genius's by not trading him away.   And maybe its just finally him saying "Hey, this may be it, I don't know where I'm going to be after this year. This may be my last chance for a cup".

5 hours ago, nossagog said:

Lack of confidence? 

Too young? 

Mommy issues?

Who knows.  But right now he's making the Pens management look like genius's by not trading him away.   And maybe its just finally him saying "Hey, this may be it, I don't know where I'm going to be after this year. This may be my last chance for a cup".

I would agree with you on this! Especially your couple of statements! 

I know the past can't be changed. I'm curious on why management didn't sit him down like that years ago? 

51 minutes ago, notfondajane said:

I would agree with you on this! Especially your couple of statements! 

I know the past can't be changed. I'm curious on why management didn't sit him down like that years ago? 

No other choice?  No backup to really PUSH him?

Its a shame and a blessing that it came to this.

The Pens are up 3-1 thanks to the flower. 

They will win this series on his back.

He is a very good hockey player.

He's done this before, he's playing with a swagger right now. 

I have to say this particular version of the Pens is fun/exciting to watch.

I like how Sullivan has them playing and I like the compete level of the players.

I know these guys just won a cup, but regardless of this year's playoff outcome, this year's version of the Pens is one of the best I've seen.

5 hours ago, nossagog said:

No other choice?  No backup to really PUSH him?

Its a shame and a blessing that it came to this.

Yes it is! When he was drafted he should have spent a year or two in WBS. In my opinion he would have matured better! Marc Andre Fleury and the Pens would have been better off! 

3 hours ago, Podein25 said:

TRADE HIM HIS VALUE WILL NEVER BE HIGHER!

Who would you like from Winnipeg in return?

Interesting question.  For me, I think they either go for prospects and/or picks.   One of the goals here is for the Pens to shed a little salary in order to give Sheary a raise and try to resign either Shultz or Daley(either will be hard).  Picking up players of any worth would eat up too much of that cap.  

11 minutes ago, nossagog said:

Interesting question.  For me, I think they either go for prospects and/or picks.   One of the goals here is for the Pens to shed a little salary in order to give Sheary a raise and try to resign either Shultz or Daley(either will be hard).  Picking up players of any worth would eat up too much of that cap.  

I agree! My question is who do you leave unprotected in the expansion draft?

On 5/4/2017 at 3:43 PM, mojo1917 said:

The Pens are up 3-1 thanks to the flower. 

They will win this series on his back.

He is a very good hockey player.

He's done this before, he's playing with a swagger right now. 

I have to say this particular version of the Pens is fun/exciting to watch.

I like how Sullivan has them playing and I like the compete level of the players.

I know these guys just won a cup, but regardless of this year's playoff outcome, this year's version of the Pens is one of the best I've seen.

Fleury is playing like should instead of having his head up his arse! 

1 hour ago, notfondajane said:

It looks like Fleury may have put his head up his arse! It must be a comfortable position for him! 

yeah, that was all on #29 last night... I can't think of too many NHL goaltenders who would have done better stopping uncontested shots from 20 feet, the man was in front of a shooting gallery last night. the Backstrom goal in particular, who is going to stop that ? 

It's a team game and the fact that your team is icing 4.5 NHL defensmen right now is the problem not MAF

3 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

yeah, that was all on #29 last night... I can't think of too many NHL goaltenders who would have done better stopping uncontested shots from 20 feet, the man was in front of a shooting gallery last night. the Backstrom goal in particular, who is going to stop that ? 

It's a team game and the fact that your team is icing 4.5 NHL defensmen right now is the problem not MAF

Don't forget mojo, he totally flubbed those two breakaways he had where he made the save in his own end, beat both teams up the ice then failed to score.  That would have changed the game. :NinjaLookLeftRight1:

Jane, really, Fleury has been under seige this whole series.  The only reason the Caps have not already won this is because of how he played in games 1-4.  The Pens defense couldn't get out of their own ways last night, it was NOT Fleury's fault that they had 3, THREE!!!, shots on goal in the first period and 6 in the second. 

If you want to blame someone, blame Sullivan for not making the in game adjustments, or between game even, to modify the Pens defensive zone breakouts. 

Archived