Fleury Fleury Fleury!

notfondajane

I only heard the third period of game 6. First shot, 13 seconds in, Washington scored! Was he ready or was he asleep? It sounded like he never moved! Thank goodness that game is over! I don't think the Pens are going to play much better in game 7 (if they don't forfeit it 1st). Let's hope I'm wrong on that!

1 hour ago, notfondajane said:

I only heard the third period of game 6. First shot, 13 seconds in, Washington scored! Was he ready or was he asleep? It sounded like he never moved!

It was an odd man rush with Oshie & Backstrom, Backstrom drilled the shot high glove side, there wasn't a goalie alive making that save. It was a lazer, 19 was uncontested from the inside the FO circle. It was like shooting fish in a barrel.

get up off your boy.

23 hours ago, nossagog said:

Don't forget mojo, he totally flubbed those two breakaways he had where he made the save in his own end, beat both teams up the ice then failed to score.  That would have changed the game. :NinjaLookLeftRight1:

Jane, really, Fleury has been under seige this whole series.  The only reason the Caps have not already won this is because of how he played in games 1-4.  The Pens defense couldn't get out of their own ways last night, it was NOT Fleury's fault that they had 3, THREE!!!, shots on goal in the first period and 6 in the second. 

If you want to blame someone, blame Sullivan for not making the in game adjustments, or between game even, to modify the Pens defensive zone breakouts. 

Let's hope that is the case! Hopefully Sullivan will make the changes and get effort from the whole entire team! 

I'm hoping someone in management is so hot that they blew a casket and let the whole entire team feel the wrath! For the little bit of the game that I heard on the radio it sounded like everyone was asleep including Fleury!  Game 7 is Wednesday (I believe) let's hope for better results  (if they didn't forfeit) 

3 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

It was an odd man rush with Oshie & Backstrom, Backstrom drilled the shot high glove side, there wasn't a goalie alive making that save. It was a lazer, 19 was uncontested from the inside the FO circle. It was like shooting fish in a barrel.

get up off your boy.

He had way to many games in his career that he could not stop a beach ball if it was handed to him!

High on the glove side is where he gives up the most of his goals followed closely behind is the 5 hole! I'm apologize if it bothers you, it's p.ssing me off.

10 hours ago, nossagog said:

Better never hear another bad word from you Jane.  Fleury simply stood on his head for most of the Caps series. 

Yes he played well last night! 

The Pens played well last night! The way they played last night, is the way they should have played Monday night! Everyone fell asleep Monday including Fleury! I'm glad everyone woke up in time!

2 hours ago, notfondajane said:

Yes he played well last night! 

The Pens played well last night! The way they played last night, is the way they should have played Monday night! Everyone fell asleep Monday including Fleury! I'm glad everyone woke up in time!

That had to be painful for you last night. If the Pens manage to pull this off  you could very well may need to add "Conn Smythe" when addressing Fleury in your posts. :haha:

1 hour ago, B21 said:

That had to be painful for you last night. If the Pens manage to pull this off  you could very well may need to add "Conn Smythe" when addressing Fleury in your posts. :haha:

Yes! I almost had a heart attack to think he actually played well! (I'm extremely glad he did! I would be boiling hot mad if he hadn't!) My oldest nephew is in D.C. 

Should the Pens win the Cup this year with him in goal I might call him Conn in reference to the trophy (if he is still here next year. ):cheers:

We all should have known that Fleury was going to play well on Wednesday night.   It was the May full moon.   Based on Native American naming traditions, this months full moon is name "The Flower Moon".  

On 5/12/2017 at 8:26 AM, nossagog said:

We all should have known that Fleury was going to play well on Wednesday night.   It was the May full moon.   Based on Native American naming traditions, this months full moon is name "The Flower Moon".  

Interesting comment I never knew that! 

I think it's time to give Fleury a rest for a game or two since Murray is back! Hopefully that some how spark the offense! 

1 hour ago, notfondajane said:

Interesting comment I never knew that! 

I think it's time to give Fleury a rest for a game or two since Murray is back! Hopefully that some how spark the offense! 

I think the defense NOT playing like total duds would help spark the offense.

Oh yea, and it would help if the Pens didn't wait till the last 5 min of the game to stop playing like softies.

That too would help 'spark the offense'.

Not really a MAF fan here, but I do NOT place the blame on that last game on him.

And if Murray craps the bed, or the Pens play like Doves again, then the Pittsburgh head coach will really have a dilemma on his hands.

14 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

I think the defense NOT playing like total duds would help spark the offense.

Oh yea, and it would help if the Pens didn't wait till the last 5 min of the game to stop playing like softies.

That too would help 'spark the offense'.

Not really a MAF fan here, but I do NOT place the blame on that last game on him.

And if Murray craps the bed, or the Pens play like Doves again, then the Pittsburgh head coach will really have a dilemma on his hands.

I'm wasn't necessarily blaming Fleury! By sitting him MIGHT WAKE the team up offensively! 

And should Murray lay tracks in his briefs and everyone else is at an all skate it would be time for the coach to show the side of himself that no one wants to see!

Thank goodness the Pens tied the series! I, again, would start Murray! Just to keep the Senators off balance. 

Archived