Signing?

8 minutes ago, PuckMeister said:

Any word on the signing of Lonesome Dove-McFalls?  Been looking but no info yet.

Nope they have till tomorrow. It ain't looking good for him...

Guess he thinks he is a world beater and worth much more than he's being offered.  Guess we should just move on from him.  I'm sure there is another winger as good or better.

46 minutes ago, PuckMeister said:

Guess he thinks he is a world beater and worth much more than he's being offered.  Guess we should just move on from him.  I'm sure there is another winger as good or better.

Yeah i don't know who it is on?

Not sure if Flyers haven't offered or he just doesn't want to sign or are the Flyers going the Goulbourne route and just offering him a prove it one year AHL deal.

Can't say...

On 6/3/2017 at 0:16 PM, PuckMeister said:

Just read the Flyers passed on signing this player.  Didn't seem to have great numbers so probably no great loss.

If the kid's got any NHL future at all, it probably wasn't going to be in Philly anyway. The roster is just too full and looks to be set for a while to come.  Dovie would probably be stuck on the Phantoms for the next 7 years without a real hope of getting a shot at cracking the NHL roster.   

Releasing him just gives him the opportunity to get a shot someplace else--which may not materialize for him, but it gives him an opportunity he wouldn't have here.  

Appreciate your perspective and understand this to be the case.  Hard to believe he would turn down a chance to prove his mettle and the hook up with another team.  Not a sure thing he'll be drafted again so I guess he becomes a free agent.

Archived