NYI vs PHI prospects game Sept. 13...streaming?

jammer2

Morin  and Hagg I hope to make team.  Sanheim and Freidman  are 1 and 2 pairing and call up from Phathoms. Meyers all year on Phathoms. How about collage kids that could not play. Hearing most in this game are going back to old teams or  Phathoms.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I think Travis still needs work on his defensive game....and it showed last night a little.

You would know better than me, I didn't see a lick of that game. Sounds like elmatus liked Sans play bit more than you, will make it interesting to watch Sans as the preseason unfolds. 

3 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

You would know better than me, I didn't see a lick of that game. Sounds like elmatus liked Sans play bit more than you, will make it interesting to watch Sans as the preseason unfolds. 

I liked his play don't get me wrong but his offense has always been pretty damn good i still see him thinking to much when the puck is around the net...his confidence isn't there were it should i think yet....it wouldn't hurt him to start in the AHL i think then by mid season work his way into the lineup.

Now with that said it was just one game and much less a rookie game so there is plenty of time to still get better in that area.

6 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I liked his play don't get me wrong but his offense has always been pretty damn good i still see him thinking to much when the puck is around the net...his confidence isn't there were it should i think yet....it wouldn't hurt him to start in the AHL i think then by mid season work his way into the lineup.

Now with that said it was just one game and much less a rookie game so there is plenty of time to still get better in that area.

As long as the skating and smarts are there, he will get where he needs to be. If there is any defensive questions, they will err on the side of caution and give him some more AHL seasoning. 

Just now, jammer2 said:

As long as the skating and smarts are there, he will get where he needs to be. If there is any defensive questions, they will err on the side of caution and give him some more AHL seasoning. 

Yes he will be ok...remember he is only 21 and only has 80 AHL games (plus only 5 playoff games) under his belt.

Some more season can't/won't hurt.

21 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

http://sonsofpenn.com/mark-friedman-on-map-strong-showing-goal-rookie-game/

Funny quote from Friedman:

“It was good for my first camp and it was a lot of fun,” Friedman said. It was fun for both the players and the fans, which Friedman touched on. “The crowd was loud. It was awesome to play in front of those many people, but we lost the game.”

Friedman was happy with his game, but acknowledged that the little things added up in the third period collapse.

Going into the third with a 3-1 lead, you’ve just gotta do the little things. You gotta get pucks in deep. You gotta have short shifts. We only had five defensemen. Phil, I don’t know what happened to Phil, but he was hurt. I had a lot of fun. I was very happy with my game at the end.”

Couldn't help but think of this episode....

Nice set up by Vorobyev and nice finish by Friedman....

giphy.gif

55 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

Nah, I would agree about his defensive game. That said, the team relied on him a lot for long stretches whenever he was on the ice. It seems logical to me that he would have more gaffs given how often he was asked to both break up and drive the play. No other dman to my eyes was asked to run the line as much as he was.

A lot of it has to do with comparables. As mentioned in this thread, players like Friedman and Morin were also very good, but they're not being looked at through the same lens as Sanheim. They all present very different skill sets, which makes him hard to compare straight up with other dmen.

Where Friedman proved he could be a sneaky offensive threat, he wasn't really asked to QB to any real extent. Sanheim was, and he did so quite well. Similarly, Morin was very solid defensively, and showed a great ability to move the puck out of trouble and back the other way. He wasn't asked to drive the play beyond that though. Sanheim was, and again did so quite well.

Put another way, on a scale from Morin to Ghost, Sanheim's play sat just about in the middle. I agree his defensive game needs work, but it wasn't terrible by any stretch. And given how often he had the puck and was pressured, he did quite well I found. Also, to my point earlier, he was considerably better than McDud or Manning. So if Hex is truly looking to ice the best possible team... Well, things may get tricky in a hurry.

Giving more thought to a Morin to Ghost scale leads me to realize even more how impressive this d-corps may prove to be. Morin really is no slouch offensively either. He's entirely capable of doing what needs to be done to get something going. Exciting times for sure.

I only saw from about the halfway point of the second through the end of the game.  Apparently, I missed most of the good stuff.   

Like others have said, Vorobyev and Friedman were around the puck all night.  Friedman reminds me a lot of Ghost, with an even greater penchant for offense.  Thought Vorobyev's line looked good.

I though Patrick played a solid NHL-style game.  He finished checks, back-checked well and did a lot of little things.  Again, I think he's behind the curve in terms of training.  

Honestly, I did not notice Lindblom as much.

As mentioned by @OccamsRazor, Sanheim still needs to work on his defensive game.  Didn't think he looked good in his own zone without the puck.

Morin looked OK to me.  Didn't see anything I wasn't expecting and nothing said to me that he shouldn't make the big club.

Carter Hart has to work on rebounds, but he looked solid positionally.  Tough that the team sucked in front of him.

Noticed Bunnaman a lot on the ice.  Some good, some not so good.

Laberge, Ratliffe, Frost and Strome didn't show much, imo.  Rubtsov was OK.

Overall, it didn't look there was much cohesion among the players, which is to be expected for a bunch of rookies.  Will be interesting to see how some of these players look in regular camp.

56 minutes ago, elmatus said:

Nah, I would agree about his defensive game. That said, the team relied on him a lot for long stretches whenever he was on the ice. It seems logical to me that he would have more gaffs given how often he was asked to both break up and drive the play. No other dman to my eyes was asked to run the line as much as he was.

A lot of it has to do with comparables. As mentioned in this thread, players like Friedman and Morin were also very good, but they're not being looked at through the same lens as Sanheim. They all present very different skill sets, which makes him hard to compare straight up with other dmen.

Where Friedman proved he could be a sneaky offensive threat, he wasn't really asked to QB to any real extent. Sanheim was, and he did so quite well. Similarly, Morin was very solid defensively, and showed a great ability to move the puck out of trouble and back the other way. He wasn't asked to drive the play beyond that though. Sanheim was, and again did so quite well.

Put another way, on a scale from Morin to Ghost, Sanheim's play sat just about in the middle. I agree his defensive game needs work, but it wasn't terrible by any stretch. And given how often he had the puck and was pressured, he did quite well I found. Also, to my point earlier, he was considerably better than McDud or Manning. So if Hex is truly looking to ice the best possible team... Well, things may get tricky in a hurry.

Giving more thought to a Morin to Ghost scale leads me to realize even more how impressive this d-corps may prove to be. Morin really is no slouch offensively either. He's entirely capable of doing what needs to be done to get something going. Exciting times for sure.

Ahhh, ok...thanks for clarifying. So, that makes you, OR and vis all in agreement that Sans needs some work on defense. With the kind of depth we have on defense, I don't see anyone making that team that is not totally sound in their own end....except maybe McDudly. Rest assured, Sans will get his shots to impress, a long way to go, but good to see you guys all agree. 

Sans needs to play in the AHL and be in the PK and be in the defensive draws of the ice to improve and assist in the transition to the NHL's defensive Pro Level style of play. You short change him there and we will have another stagnated player, who can muster the offensive side of things but come Playoff Hockey in 2019-20, we will be banging our heads saying he should of learned his assignments in Juniors/AHL and been Haag sound then prematurely shine the new toy. We have enough shiny new toys this year to deal with. No sense in opening a gift we aren't really going to use or really need just yet.

I prefer to not have Sbisa 1.2 He was great but the flash went away to quick, we cut his fuse too short. Let's let Sanhy mature his defensive game and massage the kinks out.

I'd love to see how he would look this year. But like Hextall said about Nolan. We see Nolan as a great complete player for 10 years. If he doesn't make it this year, that's OK too.  It sucks as a fan not being entertained shortsightedly, but having a dynasty in the making I'd go for that 3 'peat to go along with my back to back Championships.

We're in this deep, might as well see it through it's course.

On D:

Ivan Sanheim

Ghost Morin

Hagg Myers/Freidman

5 hours ago, LegionOfDoom said:

Sans needs to play in the AHL and be in the PK and be in the defensive draws of the ice to improve and assist in the transition to the NHL's defensive Pro Level style of play. You short change him there and we will have another stagnated player, who can muster the offensive side of things but come Playoff Hockey in 2019-20, we will be banging our heads saying he should of learned his assignments in Juniors/AHL and been Haag sound then prematurely shine the new toy. We have enough shiny new toys this year to deal with. No sense in opening a gift we aren't really going to use or really need just yet.

I prefer to not have Sbisa 1.2 He was great but the flash went away to quick, we cut his fuse too short. Let's let Sanhy mature his defensive game and massage the kinks out.

I'd love to see how he would look this year. But like Hextall said about Nolan. We see Nolan as a great complete player for 10 years. If he doesn't make it this year, that's OK too.  It sucks as a fan not being entertained shortsightedly, but having a dynasty in the making I'd go for that 3 'peat to go along with my back to back Championships.

We're in this deep, might as well see it through it's course.

On D:

Ivan Sanheim

Ghost Morin

Hagg Myers/Freidman

I agree Sanheim will have a chance to blossom and further work on his game in his own as the top defensive pair on the Phantoms with Myers those two will be lethal down there this year.

No need to rush them.

I wouldn't be overall shocked if Patrick when all is said and done sent back to Brandon for one more year either. Guess we'll see.

That's the thing should we wait for Nolan, Sanheim, and Myers ferment and grow stronger for one more year as we Season: Ghost, Lindblom, Travis, Ivan, Morin and Haag for now so that when the Reloads come, we'll be in a much more welcoming position to bring them in the fold and under our wings, then to spread all our new toys on the table at once trying to figure out who go's where, who does what and what the hell are we doing now. I would be OK with another top 8 pick to go along with St. Louis' pick for this upcoming draft.

I'm OK if Patrick makes the team though, he physically is at least in the realm being able to handle the pace. But he got robbed this past year of developing his game more, but at the same time Jersey would of picked him up had he not been dealing with his abdominal issue.

It's like this talk is in the reverse dimension of Flyers talk we normally have, we went through a worm hole and are in an alternate universe inverted and talking about things we are not accustomed to. We still have to deal with our other draft picks of this year and goalies to develop still. I see why Hexy when he came in started to put the personnel in place for the garden to flourish. Having trainers, nutritionists, life coach's setup for the saplings we're growing.

On 9/14/2017 at 11:08 AM, jammer2 said:

This was from the game today....

giphy.gif

...he still needs to work on his craft....certainly don't want him to be a one dimensional defenseman...

giphy.gif

...still plenty of preseason left. But it wouldn't hurt (or be an insult) if he needs more time...

3 hours ago, musky said:

ijust dont understand while the game was on i still got no feed avalibale.

Not sure. Maybe blocked out if you're in the NY area?

I'm down south and watched it at work and at home on my phone with Wi Fi.

Archived