Considering how little SJ gave up for Kane, should Flyers have tried to get him

RonJeremy

Am I the only person who thinks that the biggest red flag around Evander Kane is that he's never played a full season? He's an intriguing combination of skill, speed and toughness, and there does seem to be some personality issues, but he's only averaged 65 GP (not counting lockout or this season) per year so far in his career.

That is what would scare me off.

3 hours ago, JR Ewing said:

Am I the only person who thinks that the biggest red flag around Evander Kane is that he's never played a full season? He's an intriguing combination of skill, speed and toughness, and there does seem to be some personality issues, but he's only averaged 65 GP (not counting lockout or this season) per year so far in his career.

that would be my #3 for not signing Kane 80)

3 hours ago, murraycraven said:

1.   Kane is overrated

2.  I don't want any Sabre on the Flyers... they are automatically tainted from playing in that joke of a franchise.

I was reminded of the stretch in the 90's and early '00s when they gave us fits and almost won a cup.  Seems like a fairy tale someone made up at this point.    Maybe they need to shift back to those god awful red and black uniforms.  

38 minutes ago, King Knut said:

I was reminded of the stretch in the 90's and early '00s when they gave us fits and almost won a cup.  Seems like a fairy tale someone made up at this point.    Maybe they need to shift back to those god awful red and black uniforms.  

LOL!   They were horrible!!

All kidding aside that franchise is a mess.   I actually feel bad for Buffalo fans

4 hours ago, JR Ewing said:

Good point. It gets overlooked in focusing on the "off-ice issues."  I look at it perhaps even more basically: he's just a lousy teammate.  Hockey is arguably the team sport. To win a Stanley Cup requires every single player, even those in the press box on any given night, to be 100% committed to the team. It cannot tolerate a single individual doing their own thing. Kane is a selfish child, nothing more, nothing less. But that's a big deal when it comes to winning a Stanley Cup.

Archived