Nightmare

2 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

LMAO....well, NFJ, given his play this year, if MAF WERE in net, the score wouldn't have been 8-4 Bruins....and maybe the Pens win the game too.

Ironic, isn't it?

Lol maybe 10 4 Bruins oh well games like that happens! I hope this losing streak is over!

@notfondajane

More to the Pens' "Nightmare" you called this thread....how about no NHL playoff tested goalie going into the post season??

I mean, I know Matt Murray came out of almost nowhere a couple seasons ago and spelled MAF, making The Flower expendable, but you gotta think...the Murray thing was the exception, not the rule.

Sure, the Pens have a nice pipeline of goalies in their system...but not all are necessarily ready for prime time NHL duty, particularly in the post season.

Murray was.

But is it fair to assume one of Casey DeSmith or Tristan Jarry are?

Probably not.

So unless Murray makes a miraculous recovery before the playoffs start or the Pens skaters score out of their minds, Pittsburgh could really be looking at a "nightmare" in net heading into the playoffs.

I am not ready to discount your 2x defending champs, but given how up n down Jarry and DeSmith have been (and how very green), I would think teams are definitely looking at goaltending as a weakness for your guys.

36 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Lol. It's my fault. I picked up DeSmith in  fantasy.  Team wasn't good overall. They'll all bounce back. 

I  hoping that you are correct! Good luck to you in your fanasy league! 

9 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

@notfondajane

More to the Pens' "Nightmare" you called this thread....how about no NHL playoff tested goalie going into the post season??

I mean, I know Matt Murray came out of almost nowhere a couple seasons ago and spelled MAF, making The Flower expendable, but you gotta think...the Murray thing was the exception, not the rule.

Sure, the Pens have a nice pipeline of goalies in their system...but not all are necessarily ready for prime time NHL duty, particularly in the post season.

Murray was.

But is it fair to assume one of Casey DeSmith or Tristan Jarry are?

Probably not.

So unless Murray makes a miraculous recovery before the playoffs start or the Pens skaters score out of their minds, Pittsburgh could really be looking at a "nightmare" in net heading into the playoffs.

I am not ready to discount your 2x defending champs, but given how up n down Jarry and DeSmith have been (and how very green), I would think teams are definitely looking at goaltending as a weakness for your guys.

At this point I would agree that goal is a problem with the Pens! I still don't want MAF!!

Ah, just a throw away game for the Pens, or two.  Had a good run, had to toss out a stinker here and there. Tending was definitely a big piece of this, but the whole team played awful defensively.   Burn the tape, learn some lessons. Move on. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/4/2018 at 9:39 AM, nossagog said:

Ah, just a throw away game for the Pens, or two.  Had a good run, had to toss out a stinker here and there. Tending was definitely a big piece of this, but the whole team played awful defensively.   Burn the tape, learn some lessons. Move on. 

Boston has been kicking our butts for a while! We have to find a way to beat them.

6 hours ago, notfondajane said:

Boston has been kicking our butts for a while! We have to find a way to beat them.

C'mon, Jane. You are better than that! Last 10 seasons versus Boston...18-14-2. :VeryCool:

1-2

2-1

0-3

1-1-1

1-1-1

3-0

3-1

2-2

3-1

2-2

You get hit in the head with a shoe or something? :NinjaLookLeftRight1:

3 hours ago, B21 said:

C'mon, Jane. You are better than that! Last 10 seasons versus Boston...18-14-2. :VeryCool:

1-2

2-1

0-3

1-1-1

1-1-1

3-0

3-1

2-2

3-1

2-2

You get hit in the head with a shoe or something? :NinjaLookLeftRight1:

It just seems like they are kicking our butts! I'm guessing I'm hearing games that the Pens are blowing a tire! 

Well, this certainly is good news....maybe help dispel some of the "nightmare".... Matt Murray is in for Pittsburgh.

I honestly thought we wouldn't see him till next year because there was literally NOTHING on his condition floating around.

He will certainly make the Pens a tougher opponent for anyone in the playoffs....can't say I am happy for the Pens, but I AM happy for Murray....never want to see any player get derailed due to head injury.

12 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

As for the Boston thing...well, they are quite a confident bunch now, aren't they?

I think the East has them RIGHT where they want them.... :)

I hate to say this I think Boston comes out of the East! 

Like you TFG I don't like seeing a player go down WITH any kind of injury! 

Archived