Eastern Conference: Round 1 - #2 Pittsburgh Penguins vs. #3 Philadelphia Flyers

pilldoc

Eastern Conference: Round 1 - #2 Pittsburgh Penguins vs. #3 Philadelphia Flyers  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the series?

• Pens Sweep 4-0
    • Pens in 5
    • Pens in 6
    • Pens in 7
    • Flyers Sweep 4-0
    • Flyers in 5
    • Flyers in 6
    • Flyers in 7

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Filppula and Ivan -4.........wow....this team just needs a reboot from the goal out.

If Elliott was in net it would have been 12-5.

Gudas and Manning i pray to baby Jesus you have played your last games in Philly.

On a positive note:

Neuvirth made it through two consecutive games. 

Pittsbugh #1 fan boy Doc Emrick didn’t call one game in this series. Good thing I guess, the amount the Pens scored he would have stroked out.

Ok ...I guess I'm glad I missed the 3rd period.  WTH happened????

Gud-Ass horrible play turned that game around.  If the Flyers go into the 2nd intermission up 4-2 instead of tied at 4 then the 3rd period is a completely different mindset.

Regardless we all knew the goal tending was suspect all year round.  Sadly the Pens are a much better team.  The Flyers, when playing well with desire and passion can hang with any team, however, they simply are NOT good enough to overcome their own mistakes.

Hexy needs to make some smart moves during the off season.

1 hour ago, Pucked in the head said:

I think the refs got in the handjob! Line 

Hey - since you seem to know so much (and complain so much) about "bad" calls I was wondering if you could direct me to your post about the officials missing that cheap head shot by Giroux on Hagelin? (The one where the Flyers ultimately ended up on the PP after Giroux backed down from Kessel of all people.). Coulda been a wicked ginger fight!  :DancingGrape:

Good series. Flyers have nothing to hang their heads about.  When the playoffs started I mentioned that if you asked any Flyers fan at the start of the season if they would take a #3 seed in the playoffs the answer would have been yes. Addendum: A #3 seed tied at home going into the 3rd period against the Pens in a Game 6. Same question...probably the same answer.  

1 hour ago, B21 said:

Hey - since you seem to know so much (and complain so much) about "bad" calls I was wondering if you could direct me to your post about the officials missing that cheap head shot by Giroux on Hagelin? (The one where the Flyers ultimately ended up on the PP after Giroux backed down from Kessel of all people.). Coulda been a wicked ginger fight!  :DancingGrape:

What cheap shot?

18 minutes ago, B21 said:

That was a clean hit watch it again he hit him square in the chest ...

20 minutes ago, B21 said:

That is a clean hit bro....

giphy.gif

Unlike this no call (one of many)...

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

What cheap shot?

Watch the replay, Johnny GIF. 1) It's late. Puck is long gone when he makes the hit. Actually on the other player's stick after Hagelin's pass when Giroux makes contact. 2) He targets the head. Giroux comes up with the shoulders and possibly elbow right into Hagelin's head. If you can't see THAT should have been a penalty then try again without the goggles.  Hagelin didn't cut himself shaving. 

16 minutes ago, B21 said:

Good series. Flyers have nothing to hang their heads about.  When the playoffs started I mentioned that if you asked any Flyers fan at the start of the season if they would take a #3 seed in the playoffs the answer would have been yes. Addendum: A #3 seed tied at home going into the 3rd period against the Pens in a Game 6. Same question...probably the same answer.  

Yes. Agreed. I'll take it. 

Good luck the rest of the way. Your guys were a little loosey goosey and will need to tighten things up, but probably a decent ramp up for the rest of the playoffs. 

1 minute ago, B21 said:

Watch the replay, Johnny GIF. 1) It's late. Puck is long gone when he makes the hit. Actually on the other player's stick after Hagelin's pass when Giroux makes contact. 2) He targets the head. Giroux comes up with the shoulders and possibly elbow right into Hagelin's head. If you can't see THAT should have been a penalty then try again without the goggles.  Hagelin didn't cut himself shaving. 

No he got cut when his face hit the ice , hahahaha....

24 minutes ago, B21 said:

Hopefully you know I'd acknowledge if I thought otherwise, but I really do think that was a clean, sold hit. I really don't see a head shot. 

EDIT:  it was well late, though

1 minute ago, B21 said:

No it's not. Different set of rules for the Pens.

2 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Yes. Agreed. I'll take it. 

Good luck the rest of the way. Your guys were a little loosey goosey and will need to tighten things up, but probably a decent ramp up for the rest of the playoffs. 

I hate that they can never seem to win a Game 5 at home. Might not seem like much but after two full playoff runs every game they don't "have" to play is huge. 

Archived