Hakstol experiment over

trevluk

9 minutes ago, hf101 said:

Actually, it was @brelic who posted that Hakstol would be behind Shero if he finishes the season.  I'm just the smart - ass connecting the dots.  (Long Tenure ---> win Stanley Cup). 

There is something to be said for stability in the work environment even in Hockey.

Whoa.   Sorry @brelic

@hf101

You know what's really weird?   I answered my own question (about the last coach that lasted 5 years) as soon as puckhead guessed Roger.  That post is not there.   And I never saw Brelic's post until your comment above and I scrolled back (that's when I realized my post wasn't there).   Odd.

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ruxpin said:

@hf101

You know what's really weird?   I answered my own question (about the last coach that lasted 5 years) as soon as puckhead guessed Roger.  That post is not there.   And I never saw Brelic's post until your comment above and I scrolled back (that's when I realized my post wasn't there).   Odd.

Something is kinda weird right now with the site.  I just struggled to write a post also.  It may have been server related.  I know I need to upgrade the site again in another semi- major update, but I'm trying to hold off until I have adequate time to re-do from scratch the entire Menu as the application I use won't work in the next upgrade.  

1 minute ago, hf101 said:

I agree completely.  The Flyers finished 29th this year on the PK.  I believe this will be addressed this summer via assistant coach and personnel.  Hextal

Do you remember when the Flyers traditionally had a very good PK and had shorthanded goal leaders?   Good times.

I think it's both PK coach and personnel.   If the coach is forced, for lack of a better choice, to put Manning on the PK regularly...

But there were people who played the PK previously that were not on it.  There has clearly been a decision to limit or eliminate using offensive top line players on the PK.   Giroux, for example.  I think we know why Simmonds wasn't on it.  

We need better personnel, better choices among the personnel we do have, and we need a better structure.   I loved Lappy as a player, but sadly he has got to go.   Murphy too.

Knoblauch is supposed to be a strong up and coming coach.   Has the PP been good enough to support that idea?   And if not, is it because of something not in his control?   I think the personnel is actually decent on it on the 1st unit, anyway.  I just wonder if it's too dependent upon the back end and not enough size and creativity on the front.

7 minutes ago, hf101 said:

Hextall never found a replacement for Bellamare this season.

I thought it was Filppula...sorta kinda...no matter i don't want Fil on this team next year. Keep moving forward.

12 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Do you remember when the Flyers traditionally had a very good PK and had shorthanded goal leaders?   Good times.

I think it's both PK coach and personnel.   If the coach is forced, for lack of a better choice, to put Manning on the PK regularly...

But there were people who played the PK previously that were not on it.  There has clearly been a decision to limit or eliminate using offensive top line players on the PK.   Giroux, for example.  I think we know why Simmonds wasn't on it.  

We need better personnel, better choices among the personnel we do have, and we need a better structure.   I loved Lappy as a player, but sadly he has got to go.   Murphy too.

Knoblauch is supposed to be a strong up and coming coach.   Has the PP been good enough to support that idea?   And if not, is it because of something not in his control?   I think the personnel is actually decent on it on the 1st unit, anyway.  I just wonder if it's too dependent upon the back end and not enough size and creativity on the front.

I think they tried some options,  Leier, Goulbourne for example but we clearly don't have the right mix yet.  I think Hextall will make some forward acquisition to improve upfront defensively.  Morin likely will help with size on defense but we need speedy-shot-blocking-checking wingers with long sticks on the front end.

As far as coaching goes I wouldn't be surprised to see another up and coming coach hired for the PK from either Juniors again or the NCAA and find another role in the organization for Lappy.

14 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

speed kills buddy.

speed kills.

there isn't any "laying down" the sharks are losing every foot race. their skill guys aren't getting any opportunities.

Disagree with YA pal...I saw the first period..Sharks looked passive..And burns flicked the puck right into the seats..Not under pressure at all.. Sometimes if a situation is to perfect and a team seems to good THEN DOUBTS can and will arise..Not everything is perfect in sports..Far from it..

Archived