Wild Message Board Memories...

Greetings from Merrye Olde England...

Speaking of that 2011 draft, I remember when the Wild drafted Brodin, the old boards were flooded with a bunch of Swedish fanboys telling us we had just drafted the next Niklas Lidstrom...yeah, no.

And I though LiG was going to have an aneurysm at that draft when the Wild announced they had picked Zach Phillips with the 28th overall pick...he almost sounded like Ralphie when he was beating up Scott Farkus in "A Christmas Story"...

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The battles with the Canucks fans were so much fun! I often wonder what o'l Ricky is up to these days lol 

LiG railing on Zach Phillips skating was classic! he started on him as soon as the pick was made.. actually I think he started earlier than that in his pre-draft and scouting articles but it amplified as soon as the Wild were the ones to choose him lol.. and like a lot of things people have posted on the board over the years.. he was correct years prior to the organization getting a hint.

I think some of my favorite days on the boards in recent times were when we would meet the avs in the playoffs and both  teams message boards would become **** slinging contests for the entire series 😆 .. the funny part about this is some of those same exact AVs fans are on twitter to this day attempting to troll or crap talk anything the nhl, russo or others post about the Wild.

I had a lot of arguments with people who hated Zucker and wanted him gone "because he couldn't play defense" at first too.. I was always high on Zucker as a offensive player ever since I watched him play here vs. BSU when he was with Denver..  I really wanted to see him with other speedy guys like Cullen, Haula ect ect on his line cause he seemed to thrive when he was on a line with some speed.. each time I would mention a line combo to try out someone would get their panties in a bunch and try to call me out and say Zucker sucked.

Edit: because I just remembered this.. do you guys remember the PMB super fans insulting anyone who even mentioed PMB having a bad game? 😂 even later in his time here when he was doing the *skate into the zone, spin a circle and lose the puck* crap they were still defending him. Actually.. that last part sounds exactly like what our captain does currently but he's 50-50 on if he'll shoot a easily saved predictable shot.. or lose the puck.

13 hours ago, rottenrefs said:

Very doubtful any dialog between dirtyspeed and myself exists. lmao

Classic Trash Talk. Dhabums was one if my favorites. He was actually a really cool guy. I had some good private chats with that guy.

32 minutes ago, Gnarkill said:

The battles with the Canucks fans were so much fun! I often wonder what o'l Ricky is up to these days lol 

Ricky is on Twitter with almost 1400 followers . He seems to be doing great. He still has a mouth on him too. 

@Van_city_Nucks

It wasn't dhabums, but there was another Canucks fan that I liked.  But he'd absolutely lose it and get banned for a month and then come back.  He was a Magic: the Gathering player too.  The screename escapes me.  

Damn I was pissed when we drafted Phillips.  I'll give Phillips credit for not being the attitude problem like James Sheppard was, but we clearly bought more into the stat sheet (inflated by playing on a QMJHL powerhouse team) than taking an objective look at his skating and realizing he was going to be severely limited as the game got faster.  He's now playing in England, Illa Zilla, you should see if you can meet up with him for a pint of ale!  

The good ol' Club 216 days!  

Image may contain: 6 people

45 minutes ago, Jagged Ice said:

Ricky is on Twitter with almost 1400 followers . He seems to be doing great. He still has a mouth on him too. 

@Van_city_Nucks

True, we follow each other.  He's actually a pretty fun guy.  He loves the night-time scene!  

1 hour ago, Gnarkill said:

LiG railing on Zach Phillips skating was classic! he started on him as soon as the pick was made.. actually I think he started earlier than that in his pre-draft and scouting articles but it amplified as soon as the Wild were the ones to choose him lol.. and like a lot of things people have posted on the board over the years.. he was correct years prior to the organization getting a hint.

I think some of my favorite days on the boards in recent times were when we would meet the avs in the playoffs and both  teams message boards would become **** slinging contests for the entire series 😆 .. the funny part about this is some of those same exact AVs fans are on twitter to this day attempting to troll or crap talk anything the nhl, russo or others post about the Wild.

I had a lot of arguments with people who hated Zucker and wanted him gone "because he couldn't play defense" at first too.. I was always high on Zucker as a offensive player ever since I watched him play here vs. BSU when he was with Denver..  I really wanted to see him with other speedy guys like Cullen, Haula ect ect on his line cause he seemed to thrive when he was on a line with some speed.. each time I would mention a line combo to try out someone would get their panties in a bunch and try to call me out and say Zucker sucked.

Edit: because I just remembered this.. do you guys remember the PMB super fans insulting anyone who even mentioed PMB having a bad game? 😂 even later in his time here when he was doing the *skate into the zone, spin a circle and lose the puck* crap they were still defending him. Actually.. that last part sounds exactly like what our captain does currently but he's 50-50 on if he'll shoot a easily saved predictable shot.. or lose the puck.

Those debates about Haula, Zucker and Bouchard were endless...although who could forget the Skoula / Kuba threads before that.  The Czech whipping boys of the team.  Why we didn't make some memes about those two is beyond me.  

Here's another Club 216 picture...this time with SteveAndFlipper who went from fan to Xcel Energy Center usher.  Super nice guy.  

Image may contain: 7 people

16 hours ago, MNSOTA said:

Hey, does anyone have saved to their computers or Photobucket accounts any of the great pics that Maka put together to troll the 13 year old Canucks fans? Especially the tricked out short bus?

I think PTO or Antti had them saved at one point.

see next page :)

17 hours ago, bbgarnett said:

@MNSOTA well if the boards are truly going offline tomorrow I guess you'd better try and save any images you want

Yeah, I saved the three images that Maka made and PTO saved to my computer last night.

hahaha! I remember those especially the one with the bus! classic!

I hope SteveAndFlipper is doing well too! glad he got a gig at the X! don't know him super well but he was always kind and I hated to hear about his pup passing. I haven't seen him around the boards since then I don't think :(

and now that I see a pic of @Antti_Laxativeup close and remember what he looks like I'm wondering if I didn't run into him at a Bemidji bar a handful of months ago randomly.. very similar looking if not! 😄

4 hours ago, MNSOTA said:

Yeah, I saved the three images that Maka made and PTO saved to my computer last night.

Now if only I would have saved a Crock-Pot recipe that either you or Angie posted. I actually think it was Angie. It was so easy and simple, yet I can't even remember the protein source. It was my go to for a few months. 

7 hours ago, PtoJoneser said:

Hahahah found it on the WayBackMachine =

CehNehDeh

Yes, he was a fun person...but like I said...every once in a while he'd just go crazy and earn a ban.  I think after a while he stopped hanging out on the Canucks forums and just basically stayed on the Wild boards.  

Archived